Sleep and Dreams

Yuu woke up in a crystal coffin and looked around. The room is covered in thorns that flow outside the windows. She gently pushes the coffin open and sits up.

"Where am I?" Yuu asks herself, rubbing her head.

Bats screech from above Yuu and swoop down, swirling around Yuu.

"Ah! Get off me! Go away!" Yuu screams, swatting the bats away.

The bats eventually exit through her window, and Yuu gets up and runs out of the room.

"It looks like I'm in a castle," Yuu says to herself, looking at the hallway lit by green flames.

Yuu walks down the hallway taking note of the creaks coming from the floorboards. She tries to open doors, but most of them are locked. Yuu's luck helped her out when she opened the last door on the left side of the hallway.

"Where's Chris and Leon?" Yuu thinks to herself.

Yuu flicks on the light, and she sees the creepiest thing in her life. Photos of her, Chris, and Leon around Night Raven College. Pictures of her sleeping in the coffin, some with her in different outfits.

"What the hell?!" Yuu screams, taking photos off the wall. "What is this sick shit?"

"Did you hear that?" Someone says from the hallway, getting close to the room.

"Shit!" Yuu whisper-yells, looking for a place to hide.

Yuu crawls on the floor and notices an air vent.

"Back in the air vent, I go," Yuu whispers, standing on a drawer and crawling in the air vent.

"There's nobody here, though I can smell Yuu. Did she wake up?" Jack asks, looking around the room.

"I'll check, but if she did wake up, Lilia and Malleus should've known already," Deuce says, picking up the pictures left on the floor by Yuu.

Yuu holds back tears as she sees Deuce for the first time since she pushed them into Heartslabyul. Yuu sighs as Malleus and Lilia walk out of a connected door and see the mess she left.

"We know she's awake. We heard from the other room. I wonder where she went?" Malleus says, looking at Yuu directly in the eye. "Why don't you two go with Lilia and search for Yuu in the rest of the hallway?"

Everyone but Malleus leaves the room, and Yuu moves further back into the vent. Malleus removes the vent cover and crawls inside, catching sight of Yuu's leg.

"Yuu, you are so silly sometimes," Malleus giggles, crawling after Yuu.

Yuu crawls faster down the vent as she hears Malleus's voice and tries to find a turn to go down.

"Damn it! If you can't go around or under, then go up!" Yuu thinks to herself, jumping into the vent path above her.

As Yuu crawls up the vent, Malleus grabs her right ankle and pulls her down. Yuu tries to continue up the vent, but Malleus pulls her into his arms.

"Yuu, why didn't you come and look for me?" Malleus asks, snapping his finger and teleporting to his room.

"Where's Chris and Leon?" Yuu whimpers, shaking in Malleus's arms.

"Who?"

"You know who they are! I saw them on your fucked up picture wall!"

"Hah, I think you need to nap for a little longer. You seem grumpy,"

"No! I'm fine! How long have I been asleep anyway?"

"About a week or two."

"I've been asleep for two weeks!"

"I took care of you while you were asleep. I gave you good dreams, and I even proposed to you. I am happy that you said yes, though."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Yuu pushes herself out of Malleus's arms and runs out of the room.

"Alright, I'll play your game of cat and mouse," Malleus exclaims, his laugh echoing throughout the hall.

Yuu sprints down the stairs and looks behind her to see Malleus calmly walking after her. Yuu runs faster, entering an empty dark ballroom and feeling the wall for a light switch. She hits a table and falls to the wall, only to be caught by Malleus.

"Careful. I don't want you getting hurt before our big day," Malleus flirts, kissing Yuu's cheek and licking her ear.

Yuu uses her elbow to hit Malleus in his throat, and runs out the ballroom like its on fire.

"Come on, where would Chris and Leon be?" Yuu says, entering a circular hall with seven rooms.

Yuu enters the room that has fire gleaming out of it.

"Yuu, no! Don't enter that room!" Malleus screams, trying to reach Yuu as she locks the door behind her.

Yuu nearly stops herself from falling as the room is just one chandelier and a giant hole that looks bottomless.

"There are no stairs. I can't believe I might have to jump," Yuu says, clinging to the wall as she moves to the other side. "If I can get on the chandelier, I might have a chance."

"Yuu, open the door please? Yuu, can we not fight anymore, please? Can we not fight anymore?" Malleus pleads, trying to unlock the door.

Yuu climbs up stone walls and gets halfway to the chandelier's base.

"Yuu, sure, you're scared I've been there. I can set you free! Yuu don't make me come in there! I'm gonna count to three!" Malleus screams, kicking on the door.

"One!"

Yuu prepares herself for the jump, and picks up a knife that was left there.

"Two!"

Yuu jumps and swipes for the chandelier's rope. She catches it and cuts the rope above her.

"Fuck it!"

Malleus bursts in while Yuu hangs onto the chandelier's rope as she falls into the darkness.

"AAAAAHHHhhhhhhh..." Yuu screams as her voice fades away the deeper into the darkness she goes.

Five minutes go by, and there's no end to the darkness.

"Ugh, I should've thought this through more," Yuu gripes, letting go of the rope and free falling. "I guess I'll wait till something approaches."

Yuu fell asleep and woke up on top of a flower.

"Ok, that was faster than I thought. Now, to find-holy shit. I'm in a jungle of plants," Yuu says, looking at the jungle's trees and vines. "Well, when in Rome."

Yuu grabs a tree vine and swings across the jungle like Tarzan. She looks for any sign of Chris and Leon and finds them sitting on the jungle floor.

"Kid!" Chris yells, waving to Yuu.

Yuu drops to them and hugs them both.

"Kid, you gotta listen to me! Wake up! Wake up!" Leon screams, shaking Yuu.

Yuu's vision gets blurry, and the world falls apart. Her eyes burst open with life, and her crystal coffin wrapped with black thorns opens.

"What the fuck?" Yuu asks, breathing hard and looking at the two cocoons of vines. "There they are!"

Yuu tears and shreds the thorns making her hands bleed. She slaps Leon and Chris, and they jolt up.

"Let's get out of this hellhole," Yuu growls, looking down at her black gown.