𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

You weren't entirely ready to be back at school, not with every camera flashing on your face, it was so overwhelming to you

You weren't entirely ready to be back at school, not with every camera flashing on your face, it was so overwhelming to you. You heard Gale Weathers discuss the case, of course. She was sucking up the attention.

However, one good thing is, you would see your friends. Scarlett and Quinn were the cliché couple, but you enjoyed being their close friend. "(Y/N)! Scarlett said, hugging you. "You seem to be a lot better!"

"Yeah, we got worried about you, Quinn replied. You were best friends with Quinn and Scarlett for years, Casey was in the group too, along with Steve. Quinn only got with Scarlett about 4 months ago. They seemed to be mourning Casey and Steve, too.

"I miss her so much, You murmur, Scarlett hugging you. "We miss her too, She replies, a frown on her face. Her boyfriend seemed to be out of it. Quinn was quite introverted for a football player, but he still was more social than today.

"Hey Quinn, you okay? You ask. He opened his mouth to speak before Gale Weathers exclaimed, "There she is! (Y/N) Prescott! The sole survivor everyone!" She rushed up to you, asking so many dumb  questions.

You scoff. "No comment!" You shove through the crowd, entering the school. For once, you were the center of attention. But it didn't mean you liked it. You sighed, entering class. You always sat  in the back for a reason.

But hearing your name pop up so much bothered you. It made you want to go in the bathroom and sob sometimes.  Some of the talk was negative, which was hurtful of course. Mostly though, everything was... something.

You didn't have to be interrogated since Police knew you were innocent after last night's attack.  So, it would be pointless anyways. In the middle of class, the teacher called, "Tatum Riley? Your turn."

The blonde got up and left. You sort of knew Tatum, She was Sidney's best friend and this was the only class you had with her. You sometimes saw her when she hung out at your house. Scarlett personally disliked her, and very often told you about it.

You just assumed She was jealous, Tatum had it all, a perfect boyfriend, good looks, and was Cheerleader Captain. As class continued on, You were zoned out. The caller's voice haunted in your mind.

Scarlett always wanted to be a cheerleader, but didn't get in from tryouts. At the time, you didn't think she was that upset, but she was, especially when Tatum got in. The assignment wasn't too difficult, you were pretty smart.

Your teacher approached you. "Ms. Prescott,are you okay? She asked. You smiled."I'm fine, don't worry." She nods, then walks away. You were never a convincing actor, or so you thought, guess you were.

Attempting to pay attention, the assignment was extremely long and boring. How could anyone like Math? You never liked it. People kept leaving for interrogations. You doubted a student was capable of murdering Casey and Steve.

Even though there was kind of a motive.

But, it was whatever. Your teacher was making you yawn. Somehow, the teachers didn't seem bothered by the deaths of two students at school. Well, could they show any emotion? Probably not.

Still, you hated the attention. Some people were implying you murdered Casey and Steve, despite being proven innocent, also you had no motive. You were very close friends with both of them.

But, with reporters around, your life would be different, and you would probably never get to experience high school normally anymore. Sidney was kind of in the spotlight, too, being known as (Y/n)'s sister, or Maureen's Daughter.

As soon as class ended, your name kept being called, which bothered you so much. Scarlett and Quinn caught up with you. "(N/n), You're famous! Quinn told you. You groan."And I hate it. I got some fame from Last year, but not this much."

"Sorry about your mother, (y/n), Scarlett told you. "It's fine, well, i dunno, Sidney is taking it worse than I am, You admit. You were still mourning and it was a rough subject. However, Sidney took it worse.

You knew your mother, Maureen, slept with men that weren't your father. you've seen her bring one home. Sidney though? Not so much. "I got to get to class, cya! You say, knowing your last few classes were with Scarlett and Quinn.

"Cya! Scarlett smiles, letting you go to your next class. Everyone's eyes were on you, as you expected. It wasn't something you wanted.

In fact, you dreaded the attention. Mostly due to the annoying reporters, who never personally cared about feelings, but of themselves. Lunch would come soon, you hoped. You tried to hide in your chair.

But, it was impossible. You had to keep up your grades, mostly for yourself. But also to please your family, too. You used to want to be popular, but not this kind of popularity. The kind Tatum was.

You kind of were jealous of her, but not as much as Scarlett. "(Y/N) Prescott, please pay attention, The teacher said. Some people giggled which made you feel embarrassed. Why did she call you out like that?

At least the next period would finally be lunch time. You were starving, and the lunch food was great, unlike what most people in the school would say. However, half of the school was filled with assholes.

Since half of the school were rich kids too, they were kind of entitled, dicks, you would say. But despite this, You managed to ignore them. They thought they were superior, when really, they weren't.

Something they couldn't accept.

Behind you, some of the rich girls were giggling about you. You sighed, ignoring them. Maybe if you ignored them, they'd leave you alone. But it seemed they still were gossiping. You turned around," Stop it!"

"You have something to share, Ms. Prescott?"

You shook your head. "Just putting people in their place, per usual." She rolled her eyes, turning to the lesson.