Epiloge

2025 British Grand Prix

It's lights out and away we go to the first corner of the 2025 British Grand Prix. The Mclaren of Pierre Gasly has a great start and makes his way around the outside of reigning champion Charles Leclerc. The monegasque moves to the right and  keeps his first  place for now. Behind him is a heavy battle going on for third place. Verstappen tries to stay ahead of Carlos Sainz but the ferrari driver isn't about to give up. 

Lap 20 of the British Grand Prix and the battle for lead is still going on between Gasly and Leclerc. Gasly is defending for what he's worth, but behind him are 3 other drivers who won't give him an easy time. Leclerc has to watch his mirrors when he sees Verstappen and  Sainz coming. DRS for the Dutch and the Spainiard now and their going three wide towards turn one. Sainz on the inside tries to outbreak his teammate with Verstappen on the outside. Three wide into turn one, it's a tight corner. Maybe a little too tight for the 3 of them. There they go, Leclerc in the middle...

And they crash! A horrible to end the Grand Prix for the top 3 of the Championsship. Leclerc loses his breaks and crashes into the other Ferrari, both of them taking the Redbull with them. 

And there we are, lap 27 and the Safety car is back in the pits. Pierre Gasly still in the lead with now his teammate Lando Norris behind him. Behind him both alpines of Piastri and Ocon and in fifth place the Haas of Mick Schumacher. 

He's got a puncture! That's going to be a long way to the pits for Oscar Piastri and the podium is out of sight for the Australian. 

Only ten laps left in the Race. Both Mclaren have gained  a lead of 10 seconds from the drivers fighting for third place. Esteban Ocon is trying his best to defend from Schumacher behind him, but his medium tires are about to give up. Mick Schumacher now in DRS range from the Alpine. The French is giving his absolute everything into the last corner to get a good exit, but the gap between him and the German behind is closing. 

Only two laps left here at Silverstone and were still watching this amazing battle for third place. Ocon somehow managed to stay ahead of  Schumacher for six laps already and if Schumacher wants to get that first podium he needs to get past this lap. Were in the last corner before the DRS straight. Both drivers have a good exit and the gap remains half a second as they enter the straight. Schumacher comes closer and closer and places his car next to the Alpine. The Alpine is still ahead as they arrive to the corner. They both break late, very late. Ocon on the outside manages to keep up..

But he locks up! The Alpine very wide and it's over for the French! Ladies and Gentleman, your top three of the British Grand Prix. Pierre Gasly in first place, Lando Norris in second and Mick Schumacher in third place and he takes his very first podium in Formula 1. 

Post race interviews by Callum Ilott

"To finish Lando, is there anything you want to say to your fans?"

"Yeah, I want to thank all of them. It's unbelievable to see everyone cheering and so many people supporting me and the team. Thank you all!"

"Thanks Lando, have fun on the podium."

"Wait, before we end, I've got a question. Could I borrow your mic for a second?"

Lando took the Microphone from Callum and left him speechless. The interviewer looked a bit confused to his camara man, but didn't get a proper reaction. When he looked back he saw Lando giving the microphone to Mick. He whispered something in his ear and patted him on his back. Callum tried to be professional and go on with the interviews, but he couldn't since he didn't have a microphone anymore. Also, because his mind was a complete mess. C'mon, how could he be professional when his boyfriend got on the podium. His boyfriend on the podium! He couldn't be more proud.  He also couldn't deny how handsome he looked when he walked towards him and stood in front of him.

"Callum," Mick started on a serious tone, but with a smile on this face. 

"Let me start that I'm very happy to be here. And with here I don't really mean the podium. I mean standing here in front of you. This is ofcourse your home Grand Prix and being here with you mean so much. Your family and friends are all here and the feeling I get here is just unbelievable. What can I say, it's our home, isn't it."

There was a short silence to make both men realise tears had formed in their eyes. They quickly whiped them away and chuckled. 

"And yeah, there's so much I want to say. How proud I am of you and of everything you've achieved. How you make me the happiest men alive when we walk through the paddock together while holding hands. I mean, who would have thought it would end like this when we were there in America. But it's like this now and it's perfect. 

So, Cal, I know you are the interviewer between us, but today I wanted to ask you a question."

Mick put the microphone on the ground and fumbled in the pocket of his racesuit. He took a tiny little box out of it. He looked Callum in his green eyes smiled. Slowly, he sat down on one knee and opened the box. 

"Callum Ilott, will you marry me?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys! The end of the book, can't believe it. I hope you guys like it. 

Thanks to everyone for reading this book. Love all of you. 

Bye byeee, lot's of love