3|Spilled drinks & drunk girls

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

I BLINKED, glancing down at my drenched outfit then up again at whoever spilled their drink all over me. When she'd tumbled into me, I'd stumbled back a few steps but was thankfully still standing upright. The girl in question was holding onto my top so she wouldn't fall. It was quite obvious she was drunk out of her mind.

Peeking up at me with a shocked expression, she let go of me and began apologizing profusely. The commotion had drawn some attention to us, but most looked away. My top was a light color, so the clear liquid had made it see-through. Of course this would happen to me.

The pink-haired drunk girl had started grabbing paper to try to soak up some of the liquid. I appreciated the gesture, but it wasn't doing much.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized once again. "Here, you can have my shirt."

She grabbed the hem of her shirt, looking like she was about to pull it off. Although I didn't know if she had another top under there, I wasn't taking the risk, so I stopped her.

"Hey, hey, calm down. It's fine. But maybe don't strip?"

Still looking as guilty as ever, she said, "I'll help you clean up, let's go into the bathroom."

Before I could do anything about it, she was dragging me to the nearest bathroom she could find. Unfortunately, she opened one too many doors to somewhere that wasn't a bathroom, causing more than one half-naked couple to scream at us. When we finally found an empty bathroom, drunk girl pulled me into it and locked the door behind us. It seemed a bit unnecessary to lock it, but I didn't protest.

She continued trying to soak the liquid up, which still wasn't doing anything, so I stopped her, grabbing her hands mid-air.

"It's not working," she wailed drunkenly.

Once again, she pulled off her shirt, but this time I didn't have time to stop her. Thankfully I did earlier though, because it revealed that she did indeed only have a bra underneath.

"You can't walk around shirtless," I told her.

She sighed, defeated and surprisingly putting it back on without protest. "Why not?"

"Because you just can't."

For a few moments she was silent, staring down at the floor. "I'll wait with you for it to dry, then. I'm Mai, by the way. Sorry again."

Mai? Where had I heard that name before? Then it clicked, the school restrooms. She was the girl who'd heard me cry. I knew she seemed familiar.

"Holy fuck, you're art girl," I laughed.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "I mean I guess that you could refer to me as that. Have we met before?"

Seeing as she was drunk and would probably forget this, I decided to tell her. Besides, she didn't seem like she would judge.

"I was the girl crying on my period in the bathroom yesterday?"

It took a few seconds and I honestly didn't think she would remember me drunk, but then it seemed to hit her. Her eyes brightened up with recognition.

"Oh, fuck. You're 'Zara'!" She put air quotes around the fake name I'd given her. "I guess we've both seen each other in embarrassing si-," she trailed off, thinking deeply about something, "Uhm, wait. I forgot the word."

"Situations?"

She pointed at me happily. "Yeah, yeah, yes, yeah. That! What were we talking about again?"