“You mean to say that I have a living grandmother?!?!?!?!?” she exclaimed, bubbling with excitement.

“Um, yeah.” I said, finally understanding what she was all excited about. She almost tipped over the table as she jumped up.

“OMG! I haven’t had a grandma since forever!” she exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. “When do we get to meet her? Do I have aunts and uncles? What about cousins? What about grandpa?”

“Well, grandpa died three years ago, there are no aunts, uncles or cousins, I’m sorry to say, and grandma should be here in a couple days.”

Her face looked a little depressed about grandpa and such, but she got animated all over again when I said Grandma was coming soon. Mirabelle was a little surprised. “Your mom is coming in a couple days?”

“Yeah, she’s bringing all my old possessions and stuff.” I said, taking another bite.

“Oh.” She said, talking a drink. We sat in silence for a few moments, just listening to the scraping of forks and knives.

“So, Mirabelle has told me about all these people, Alice and such, but when exactly am I going to meet them?” asked Rena.

“I plan to have them over here soon. You can meet them then.”

“Oh, ok.” She replied. We finished the meal, and I washed up the dishes as the girls went off somewhere. Once they were all cleaned, I found Mirabelle.

“Hey. Does Rena know about, werewolves and such?” I asked in a whisper.

“Oh yeah she does. I told her. She knows about Seth and the whole pack, and Alice and the clan and all of that stuff. She’s cool with it too... now.”

“Oh good.” I said, raising my voice to a normal tone. “I just had to be sure. Does she know about me though?”

“Uh, no. she doesn’t know about you yet.”

“Oh, well I best go and tell her now.” I said, walking off to find her checking out the things in the study. “Hi Rena.” I smiled. “I need to talk to you about some things. Will you come with me to the living room?”

“Oh, sure.” She said, walking down the stars with me. I sat down on the sofa and she flopped down on the chair diagonal from me. “So what do you need to talk to me about?” she asked.

“Well, you know about werewolves and vampires and such, but I need to tell you something about me.”

“You’re a werewolf!” she gasped.

“Well, not exactly-“

“Then you must be a vampire!” she exclaimed, cutting me off.

“Yes I am but at the same time I’m not. I’m a mix of the both.”

Her eyes just popped out. “That’s not possible. They were made to be enemies. That can’t physically happen in nature.”

“Well, it can.” I said, started off in to the explanation of how I came to be and how my pack rejected me and how I first met Mirabelle and the others. Once I was done, she just stared at me and blinked a few times. Then she found her voice again

“I simply had no idea...” she trailed off, looking at me sadly. “You appear so normal and happy, like nothing had ever happened to you. You even seemed human. You’re pain and suffering doesn’t show at all.”

“You would’ve seen my pain and suffering if you had seen the way I looked when I first came upon the pack house doorstep!” I laughed. “It was pretty bad! And anyhow, the past is the past. I have a future to look forward to now. I’ve gotten over that stuff. It was months ago.”