Chapter 20: Marriage and going public

Start from the beginning

He looked at the girls before looking back to me.

Raum: You know he won't approve right?

Joe: Last I checked, I don't need his approval. Are any of my siblings here?

Raum: Only Bradley and his girlfriend. I don't think Veronica wants anything to do with your grandfather.

Joe: Yeah, it's not like he ruined the only romantic relationship she ever had...oh wait...

Raum: Hey, don't need to take it out on me.

I let out a sigh.

Joe: Sorry, you can go now.

The bird flew off and the girls had questioning looks on their faces.

Ahri: Your grandfather has a talking bird?

Joe: Yeah, it's his familiar or something like that.

Evelynn: A demon for a familiar? That's a new one.

Joe: You'd be surprised. Shall we head in?

They nodded and we entered the giant mansion. We walked for a bit until we arrived at the ballroom, where a lot of people were having conversations and drinking wine and champagne. Although once people started to notice us it got quiet very fast, a couple of reporters were present and took pictures of me and KDA. I heard a voice from behind and turned around.

Brad: Hey there lil bro, nice to see you made it.

I gave my brother a hug before he turned to the girls and gave them hugs as well.

Brad: How are you doing girls?

Akali: Oh you know, just getting more and more popular by the day.

Seraphine: Getting invited to nice events.

Evelynn: Getting harassed by paparazzi.

Ahri: Having to stay up late to secure business deals.

Brad: Geez, sounds like a blessing and a curse at the same time...

Before he could continue, someone spoke up behind him. It was a girl with long white hair, crystal blue eyes and sheep ears with glowing blue markings that travel down her arms.

???: Wolf? Aren't you going to introduce us?

Brad: Sorry Lamb. Joe, this is my girlfriend Kendra, she's a sheep vastaya. Kendra, this is my little brother Joe and his girlfriends.

I held out my hand for a handshake, but she gave me a hug instead which caught me by surprise.

Kendra: It is a pleasure to meet you, Brad has told me a lot of things about you.

Joe: Only good things I hope?

She gave a little laugh before introducing herself to the girls. While she did that I spoke to Brad.

Joe: You spoke to the old man yet?

Brad: Nope, he hasn't made an appearance, neither has our new grandma....damn it feels weird saying that.

Joe: Definitely gonna take some getting used to I guess....

Brad: You okay kid?

Joe: What do you mean?

Brad: I've known you for all your life, I know when something is wrong.

Joe: It's just....I'm supposed to sing a song as Deeps in a few minutes to officially get the party started, but....

Brad: You're nervous about what the world's gonna think...

Joe: Yeah...

Brad: I say fuck the world.