Chapter 15: Freedom

Thursday, june 24th 2021

I was in the training room and I think the excitement improved my combat abilities. I was tearing Eugene's projections of DUP soldiers apart like paper. Smoke dashing through one before tearing it in half with my new chain, then I threw a sulfur bomb into a group before blowing them up with a cinder missile. I absorbed the smoke around the area before surrounding myself with it and launching myself high into the air. I used my thrusters to increase my velocity and landed with a big smoke explosion I call this move....the orbital drop. All of a sudden I was shot from a distance I quickly absorbed some neon and returned fire. I aimed for the heads which lead to mass disintegration. I used lightspeed to close the gap and slash relentlessly with my neon sword. Then I jumped into the air and sent out a neon wave that trapped anythjng it hit in a stasis bubble. I then fired a torrent of neon blasts. I landed and after a short delay the blasts detonated leaving nothing standing. I call it the radiant sweep. I looked around a bit with glowing eyes. All of a sudden I heard the hand clapping of Augustine.

Augustine: Fantastic job Joe! I think that was a new record. Was it a new record Chris?

Chris was one of the surveillance officers.

Chris: Indeed it was ma'am.

Augustine: Such a shame you're leaving today. Are you sure you don't want to stick around a little longer?

Joe: Positive.

Augustine: Well, it was worth a shot I guess.

She came up to me and took the cuffs off.

Augustine: How about I make you a deal?

Joe: What deal?

Augustine: Since your sentence technically isn't over and you're just out on parole, you'd neet to see a parole officer every once in a while and you wouldn't be able to leave Piltover for another four years. The deal is we forget about the parole offficer and even the four years you need to stay in Piltover.

Joe: And what would you need in return?

Augustine: Simple. You keep an eye out for conduits for me. I heard those girls you're so fond of are planning to go on tour across Runeterra. You can go with them and do whatever you like as long as you report any conduit you encounter back to me. You can detain them until we arrive, but if they prove too much trouble then you're permitted to use lethal force.

Joe: I don't get it. Why not use other conduits or your army?

Augustine: Some of the conduits here can't be controlled like you. I have things that I can use against you, but someone like Eugene who is all alone would just go off the grid. As for why I'm not sending my soldiers....unlike you they can't take on a more powerful prime conduit.

I let out a sigh. Doing this for the ability to go on tour with the girls was worth it.

Joe: Fine. I'm in.

Augustine: Good.

She then clasped an armband onto my right arm.

Joe: What the? Why the power cuff?

Augustine: It isn't a power cuff. If it was you would feel weaker right now. This is simply a tracker so we know where you are at all times, it also doubles as a communicator. We have soldiers all over the world. If a conduit proves to be too much to handle you can simply call for backup. If you happen to cross multiple prime conduits I will come along as well.

Wait a sec...

Joe: You're just planning to have me be a part of your army aren't you?

Augustine: Guilty as charged. You can take the opportunity to make a change, to help save our race. You know what can happen to inactive or even untrained conduits. Most of us get completely outclassed by elementals. You can help prevent that by sending them here to curdun cay station....the conduit sanctuary.