Inside the Forest

~~~~ Day 2 inside the Forest ~~~~~~~

As my soul power has reached 20, I needed to get another soul ring as soon as possible, the only way that I could maybe beat the princess of Jiuboao is another soul power. 
I had some confidence because I had my special eyes but one more soul ability is going to be useful.

As I searched the forest around, I wondered what kind of monster I should kill for my 2nd ring. An invisibility one? A speed priority one? A defence priority one? An attack priority one?
But just as I was still lost in my thoughts I heard a scream in the shady part of the forest.

I rushed towards the area of scream, the further into the forest I went the more the trees darkened. As I reached the destination, I found a group of people getting killed by Wraiths. Wraiths are a dead spirit that attacks prey in the dark, and can also turn other people into wraiths.
I rushed in and took out my crossbow and reloaded a silver arrow, I immediately shot it into a wraith that was about to consume an adventurer.  I rushed towards him, gave him a Kings sage dust paste that cures most wounds on a body. 
I put my crossbow back and weaved some signs. "Koton, Gokakyu no jutsu." 
In almost an instant most Wraiths died in an instant. 
One of them survived as I proceeded to use a silver arrow to pierce through his head. This Wraith was around 900 years old, so I proceeded to absorb it. 

When I woke up, the adventurers that I rescued came and gave me a bag of herbs and around 200 silver. 
"Thank you little kid, this is a sign of gratitude." He then passed the bag to me. 
"Wait no, this is too much, keep the money." I gave back the money and proceeded to leave.
"Little Bro, thank you so much for saving our lives. I would be absolutely appreciated if I knew this little bro's name."
"Ian, Ian Otsutsuki." When I said that name, they freaked out. 
"Ian Otsutsuki? The one who beat prince Charles??" 
"yeah?...." 
"Lemme just warn you, the princess of Jiubao is not easy to deal with. Whatever you do, don't let her use her Self created 2nd soul skill." 
"Thank you for the information." I said with a small nod.
"No problem, I owe you one for saving our lives." With that he gathered all his team and continued onwards.

I stayed back and look at the Wraith that still had the 900 year old soul ring. "This one could be perfect." 
I sat down and started absorbing. 

~~~~~ Present day, 20:32PM~~~~~

That one Wraith had a strong mind, it took me around 2 hours to completely absorb it's ring. As I wanted to try to hunt for my dinner, I saw some outer disciplines of Jiubao out hunting. I shadow teleported near them and tried to overhear their conversation.

"Have you heard? Julia our princess has almost reached soul power level 29!" 
"Yeah, she's like a rare 10 decade genius! She'll surely reached the top realm in no time." 
"True, but I still don't think she can overcome the record of Six path sage, he reached the top realm when he was only 21 years old." 
"True, at least she can now easily beat that bratty kid tomorrow." 
"Speaking of which, I heard that the bratty kid is from an Otsutsutki Branch family." 
"An Otsutsuki? their special eye powers makes the whole world tremble, at least he's  just a branch family." 

I've heard enough and went away from the disciples. 
Even if I'm a branch family, I would still surely reach the top realm. As I was trying to make a plan on how to beat Julia from Qibao, I spotted an wild boar that was running around. 

"Finally! Now my dinner is solved." I rushed to the boar and quickly sliced the head right off.
After the meal, I continued to cultivate my soul power. Soon afterwards, with the help of the second soul ring, my soul power increased to level 23. 
I felt very confident into battling with Julia. But if I want to end it quickly I would need to get past her magic. 

But with utmost confidence I stood up and hurried out of the forest, and made my way back to the guild. 

When I entered the guild, there were 3 people arguing with the maid in front of the desk. 
"We demand an explanation!" said one of the people who seemed to be the group leader.
"I'm sorry sir, but we are fully booked today." The woman said politely.
"Our group just got back and we need a room to stay in." The man suddenly banged the desk really hard.
"I'm sorry Sir, but you'll have to find another Inn to stay in." 

The Leader couldn't control his anger and suddenly hit the front desk and slammed it. A few people got up and stopped drinking, and came towards the man. 
As the kind person I was, I just went up the stairs and get my hard earned rest.

Who am I kidding? Hell nah, I can't let this maid get bullied. I shadow stepped towards the man and slammed the tilt of my sword onto his head, instantly knocking him out. 
The room became silent, it was broken when one of the group members went down and see if their leader was still alive, he found out the leader was unconscious and he came and charged towards me, raising his sword. 

I side stepped, grabbed his clothes and threw him into the floor. The other charged at me with his dagger, I swerved and took his collar and threw it on the floor as well, on top of the other dude. 
When I finished, I just went up to the maid to check into my room, she shakily gave back my room card and I went towards the stairs to my room. 

Before I went up two steps, I heard the room whispering and talking about me. 
"That little dude just beat up two level 31's and 1 level 38."
"Who is that boy?" 
"No idea." 

I smiled and went into my room. 

A/N: Sorry for not posting any stories for a few month, I just wanted to have fun as a teenager, the books are coming well. Even before I didn't expect any views, but I got a couple hundred. Eh, but I'll make more chapters for this book don't worry. But it'll take some time :3

-Thank you all and have a great day!
-PhoenixFlies65

#ItNowWritingFantasyFeelsLikeCringe
#NWFFLC