"I'm an Otsutsuki"

*Disclaimer, I do not own Douluo Dalu and it's content, but the video above is one of the best moments.*
The song rocks:  
cocoon break, by angela zhang

Ian's POV,

I was dashing through the forest in the middle of the kingdom, this place is a big reserve and a really good training park for adventurers. 
I spotted my target, a 800 year old meenlock. For my first soul ring. In this world I found out that you have levels and every 10 levels you have an ability, to unlock an ability/skill you have to obtain soul rings. 

Soul rings are split into 5 ranks, from weakest to strongest is:
-10 year ring, a monster that lived from 1-100 years. (White coloured) Weakest.
-100 year ring, a monster that lived from 100- 1000 years. (Yellow)
-1,000 year ring, a monster that lived from 100- 1,000 years. (Purple)
-10,000 year ring, a monster that lived from 1,000 - 10,000 years. (black)
-100,000 year ring, a monster that lived from 10,000 - 100,000 years (Red) Strongest.

I'm currently at level 11, so I went to this forest to find a suitable ring. As a Ninja class, the meenlock can be really useful, since it gave me a 'teleporting' ability. 

I locked onto the beast and threw a giant shuriken, trapping one of its legs in place, but it shadow teleported away. 
I took out my newly made Chokuto sword, made out of black banded metal and chased the beast. The beast tried paralyzing me, but it didn't work well. 

The further it rang, the longer out gap was. As a last resort, I took out one of my dagger and threw it at the beast, it stopped it on it's for about 5 seconds, enough for me to catch up and slam my sword right into its head. 

I sighed and relaxed a bit, I quickly sat down and began absorbing the beasts ring. When a beast gets killed, the ring stays within itself for no longer than 2 hours, the stronger the beast, the quicker the rings disappear. 

I stood up, and surrounding me was a ring glowing yellow. I smirked and quickly left the forest, I returned to the cafe that I worked part time on. 
"Back already?" Asked the store owner.
"Yeah, it wasn't that hard." 
"You know Ian, I'm very fond of you. But sometimes, you just do things too straightforward. *sigh* Just be safe Ian."
"Thanks."

Ian puts on his robes and starts his shift. 

~Time skip~

It was finally the day of the entrance exam... As a ninja, Ian had multiple opportunities to get inside the building and get information. 
He had a great plan for almost every single contestant, except for the prince of the capital, the princess of the 3 great clan: Qibao Clan, and a so called "Genius" that came out from the lower 7th clans.

He quickly teleported to a mark near the school. The entrance exam starts at around another hour, but the place is already packed with people. As Ian was looking around in the crowd. People started cheering somewhere, he quickly looked towards the sound. 
Among the crowd, the prince of the kingdom emerged, with several guards around him. The guards escorted him straight into the school.

"Sharingan!" Ian opened his sharingan to locate where they are going within the building, as he locates, he jumps down from his spot and merged into the crowd. 

~ Prince of the Kingdom POV ~

As we reached into the headmasters room, I felt a presence following me. At first I shrugged it off, as there are competition in this school. 
When we reached into the headmasters room, I first saw the Headmaster chatting with the princess of Qibao. I called the guards to guard out the door, and formally went into the room. 

"Hello Headmaster, father sent his regards." 
"How's your majesty, it's been a while since I last saw him."
"Father is doing just fine, thank you for your concern." I turned towards the lady of Qibao. "Hello daughter of the Qibao chief." 
"Don't talk to me like that, don't just act like nothing happened after you wanted an arranged marriage with me." She said with a hint of sarcasm.
"How could the princess of Qibao forgive a person like me? Julia, you know how much I love you, you know that right?" 
"Perverted bastard." She said with a hmph. In a millisecond, I suddenly felt some soul energy within the room. 
"Who's there?" As I looked towards a corner of the room.

~Ian's POV~ 

As I gotten closer and closer to the room I could hear their conversation.

"Don't talk to me like that, don't just act like nothing happened after you wanted an arranged marriage with me." She said with a hint of sarcasm.
"How could the princess of Qibao forgive a person like me? Julia, you know how much I love you, you know that right?"
"Perverted bastard." She said with a hmph. 

I wanted to get a look at the scene, so I used my first skill and teleported to a corner of the room. At that moment, the prince looked around and called out. "Who's there?" 

I panicked for a second, then made the mist around me disappear. As they saw me, the prince started charging at me with his hands on his sword. 
"CHILL," I called out. 
"Who are you?" The prince asked. 
"I'm Ian Otsutsuki." 
"Why is am commoner like you here?" The prince said arrogantly. 

"Enough," The headmaster called, "I know you, you're that kid that the King ordered in right?" 
"Yes, Headmaster." I said with a little bow. 
"Wait, Father let someone like him into the school?" 
"Charles, he saved your little Cousin Aliana." When the prince heard this, he immediately put his sword away.
"Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for saving Aliana." 
"No probs." I said awkwardly.
"Ugh, I had enough of this." Said the princess of Qibao. "I've heard about you, when my father and the duke had a talk, he always talked about you." She pointed towards Me. "Just remember, in this competition there is no friends, only enemies. Watch your back Commoner."  With that she stormed out of the room.

"Julias right, the entrance exam is starting. Go prepare yourself." 
"Ian, when there is a chance to fight in the entrance exam, let's have a fight." 
"You're on!"

We both left the Headmasters room and went our separate ways.

A/N: SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR A LOOOOOOOONG TIME, I HAVE LOTS OF THINGS TO DO AND SO LITTLE TIME. Anyway, to make things fair. I'll post another chapter like tomorrow idk, maybe today.

I've recently found a really good anime, called Douluo Dalu. (No I didn't spend most of time watching it, I mainly watched it at night.) 

Welp, if your enjoying the book thus far, please vote and share this to people who have the same genre liking as me, and the books. 

Thank you! Have a nice day and stay safe.
-PhoenixFLies65