Seokjin was wrong. For once, he understood why JK chose her.

"Please. Just tell me if he's fine. That's all I need. I won't bother you ever again."

Seokjin inhaled a sharp breath. Finally, he replied.

"JK is not fine."

.

.

.

Heiran gasped for breath as she ran up to the building being boarded up that once used to be JK's home. Movers moved in and out, transporting furniture from the house to the truck that stayed parked nearby. She ran up to the movers.

"Mister, where are you taking these? Is he inside? Is that owner of the house—"

"Ahn Heiran." Kim Taehyung's voice reached her from behind before the startled movers could answer any of her questions. Heiran whirled around to face him. "Kim Taehyung?"

"JK left with his uncle this morning. He's moving in with them." Taehyung explained, eyes downcast. Heiran's desperate hands sought his arms. "What do you mean?"

Taehyung slowly dug out a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to her. "He told me to give this to you."

God forbid, Taehyung didn't know why he couldn't look up at the face of Ahn Heiran but he knew he couldn't look because just like her, he wouldn't be able to stand the fact that JK left any longer if he looked and saw the realization in her eyes. Heiran snatched the letter from him and read it. It didn't take long. Just two sentences. That was all JK had to offer to her as a goodbye. It was a letter that would remain with Heiran under her phone case for years to come.

She turned to him. "What's this, Taehyung?"

Taehyung didn't have a reply.

"What is this? A breakup letter? A goodbye? What exactly is this?!" She cried, grabbing a hold of his shirt but Taehyung could only stare at the ground, feeling guilt creeping into his insides. Thunder rumbled from up above. A second later, the skies opened up and mourned, the rain drops came crashing down muffling the sobs of the girl that stood before him. But it wasn't enough. He could still hear her. Still feel the heartbreak.

The rain-soaked into their clothes, chilling their bones yet Taehyung made no attempt to move. Heiran shoved him off, releasing her grasp on his shirt. Then the plodding of her footsteps reached his ears as they moved away. And when Taehyung had managed to raise his eyes to look at her, Heiran had already disappeared under the rain.

* * *

Present-day, Evergreen Apartments_

Lover's quarrel following the guilty verdict of South Korea's Bonnie and Clyde serial killers; is the nation's hero Silent Wolf secretly in a relationship with co-prosecutor Ahn Heiran?

A snicker. A burst of laughter. And finally a disgusted sigh. The high-resolution picture captured from some discreet corner of the parking lot of the district court lit the screen of Heiran's phone. Heiran promptly closed the news article and tossed her phone on the sofa with a scoff.

"I finally have my name printed on a newspaper but at what cost? All that months of investigation, searching and pain, and the f*cking media turned the whole thing into a what? A dating scandal?"

Heiran mumbled, unwinding the bandage of her burns, careful not to upset her tender skin. Yoongi walked out of his room, dressed unusually nicely in a navy blue jacket with golden buttons. His hair was styled, Heiran could smell the hair product from a mile and there was the unmistakable scent of fresh musk lingering on him. He had managed to cover the black eye he had recently procured, quite well with the makeup he had borrowed from her but no matter how much Heiran had pestered him about it, Yoongi refused to open up about how he got it. "At this point, I don't think you should be surprised, Heiran. Media always tended to care about viewership way more than the truth anyway."