𝓿𝓲 ── 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯

· · ─────── · 𝘋𝘖𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘋 · ─────── · ·

006. SIX: doomed

VALENCIA WASN'T ENTIRELY SURE WHO WAS STARING BACK AT HER THROUGH THE MIRROR, BUT SHE WAS ABOUT SEVENTY PERCENT SURE THAT IT WASN'T HER

VALENCIA WASN'T ENTIRELY SURE WHO WAS STARING BACK AT HER THROUGH THE MIRROR, BUT SHE WAS ABOUT SEVENTY PERCENT SURE THAT IT WASN'T HER. The previous few hours had consisted of a nice warm shower, a waxing session and a massage. Along with the rush of actually getting her hair done, her makeup done and getting her outfit together.

The brown-eyed woman had noticed that her stylists were less chatty than they usually were, and even saw a few of them shed a tear. Whether they were happy or sad is what she didn't know.

Her dark brown hair had been styled into large and dramatic curls, her makeup was flawless and surprisingly, she didn't mind the dress. It was a beautiful royal blue colour, made out of satin. It was floor length with a long train that looked like the waves of the sea back home in District 4. The neckline was an extremely low one, almost reaching her belly button but she didn't mind. She preferred it.

Eila then walked back into the room with two items. One of them was a golden headpiece to finish the look off and the other was an envelope. Valencia frowned in confusion when the woman handed it to her. "Who's this from?"

"Mr Odair sent it to you," Eila responded with a smile and then left as soon as the headpiece was on Valencia's head. The brunette stepped away from the mirror and sat herself down on a nearby couch, opening the envelope.

She rose her brows when a package fell out of it, along with a note that read: "For a gem that's as beautiful as this one. Hope you like it. - Finnick."

Valencia chuckled. "I better." She muttered to herself before picking up the package and opening it. Her lips parted when the most beautiful necklace she had ever laid her eyes on came into sight. It was a gold necklace, but the real beauty was the gem inside it. It was a beautiful blue one and coincidentally, it matched her dress.

Valencia stared at it, in awe of its beauty, before unclasping it and putting it on, admiring the way that it looked and made a note to herself to thank Finnick as she stared at the gem through the reflection of the mirror.

Once she was in the waiting room, Johanna made her presence known by wolf-whistling. "God, could you stop making me so jealous of you? It's not even a joke at this point."

Valencia whirled around and snorted at Johanna's outfit, which looked remarkably similar to a tree. Again. "Okay, what is with this tree motif you've got going on?"

Johanna rolled her eyes. "Ask the idiots that put me in this stupid thing. I have never hated being from District 7 as much as I do right now."

The brunette laughed but she trailed off when Katniss, dressed in an extremely puffy wedding dress, walked into the room. Johanna moved to stand side by side with Valencia and crossed her arms.