𝔁 ── 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘳

· · ─────── · 𝘋𝘖𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘋 · ─────── · ·

010. TEN: doomed

WHEN VALENCIA REACHED FOR HER DAGGERS, Finnick frowned as he didn't understand why she would need them before following her line of sight, as did Katniss, who had been watching their little moment with an almost non-existent smile

WHEN VALENCIA REACHED FOR HER DAGGERS, Finnick frowned as he didn't understand why she would need them before following her line of sight, as did Katniss, who had been watching their little moment with an almost non-existent smile. Once they spotted monkey-like creatures in the trees, they gripped their weapons tighter as well, preparing to defend themselves.

"Peeta?" Katniss called out as calmly as she could, not wanting to make any loud noises or sudden movements that could cause the creatures to attack them.

The Mellark boy spun around at her voice, not knowing what was happening as he had ventured off a bit deeper into the woods. "Yeah?"

"Peeta, walk over here slowly." She instructed him, her tone calm and quiet.

Peeta nodded to himself before turning back and gasping when he found himself staring directly at one of the creatures, making a face when it bared it teeth and made a growling sound.

As he waked backwards to get closer to the others, the monkeys seemed to follow him while Valencia took Finnick's hand and pulled him with her so that they were closer to Katniss and Peeta.

Valencia pushed down the lingering pain that her body felt and crouched ever so slightly, ready to fight. "Guys, we need to get to the beach. On my count. Three, two, one-"

The words had barely left her mouth when the creatures descended upon the group. As Valencia struck one of them with her dagger, she noticed one behind Peeta, ready to pounce on him. She spun around and stabbed the creature just as it had jumped, killing it in midair.

Peeta nodded at her in appreciation. "Thank you."

"That's three times I've saved your life now, bread boy." Valencia reminded him, before spotting Finnick and Katniss stab and swat the monkeys. The woman let out a groan when one of the creatures landed on her head, clawing at her hair.

"Get off of me, you mutt!" She exclaimed, yanking it off of her and stabbing it, smiling to herself as it slowly died. When she turned around, she noticed Finnick struggling under the weight of the amount of creatures that were on him. Moving fast, she pulled held her daggers up and stabbed two of them at the same time, watching as they fell to the ground just as Finnick had stabbed another two of them.

Pulling him up, the quartet found themselves back to back, facing the creatures as one. Valencia looked around at them and her determination rose. All she ever wanted in her Hunger Games was a team, people to help her. Although she had never expected to be thrown back into the Games, she was grateful that she had the other three. The next few minutes consisted of slashes, stabs and shots as they worked together like a well-oiled machine and managed to kill most of the creatures.