𝓿 ── 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

· · ─────── · 𝘋𝘖𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘋 · ─────── · ·

005. FIVE : doomed

"FINNICK, PLEASE

"FINNICK, PLEASE. SHUT UP."

Valencia rolled her eyes as her blond friend kept pestering her to learn what she was going to show the Gamemakers. Their whispers filled the waiting room as they walked in, side by side.

Instead of focusing on Finnick, Valencia looked at everyone's faces. Some of them looked confident, others looked nervous. When she had had enough of Finnick's incessant questions, she jabbed him in the side before pushing him down into his seat.

"Sit down. I'm not telling you what I'm going to do. All you need to know is that it's going to make a statement. I'm going to tell those assholes that I'm not a puppet that they can play with when they're bored." Valencia whispered to him, sitting down next to him.

"District 3. Beetee Latier, report for individual assessment." A monotone voice filled the room. As the man passed her, Valencia gave him a small nod of encouragement.

Suddenly, she felt Finnick's hand on her knee and turned to him. The brunette didn't even realise that she had been bouncing her leg. Her brown eyes met his blue eyes and sighed. "Sorry, it's a habit."

"Don't apologise, we've all got our things."

Smiling appreciatively, Valencia looked at Peeta and Katniss, who were speaking in hushed tones. She wasn't sure what to make of their so-called engagement. Valencia was good at analysing things, good at spotting lies and deception and the couple did show some signs of lying but then again, it wasn't her place. Nor did she particularly care.

"District 4. Finnick Odair, report for individual assessment."

When the voice filled the room again, Valencia found herself holding onto Finnick's hand, which made him look back at her. "Good luck."

Finnick smiled at her before walking away, Valencia watching him as he disappeared around the corner. Once he was out of sight, Valencia turned back around and waited for her name to be called, which didn't take long.

"District 4. Valencia Callisto, report for individual assessment."

The woman stood from her seat and noticed that Katniss was practically staring at her, so she sent her a nod before walking towards the door before whispering to herself.

"It's showtime..."

Once she was inside the arena, she noticed Finnick walking her way. They didn't speak but held onto each other's hands as they passed before letting go again. The woman stopped right in the middle of the room, staring at the Gamemakers with her tongue in her cheek.

"Miss Callisto, you have ten minutes to present your chosen skill," Plutarch told her. Valencia rolled her eyes before flipping her hair backwards and turning towards the weapons table.

The brunette walked over to the table and grabbed two sharp knives and a dagger, then smiled when she noticed a dummy in the corner of the room. Her eyes glanced up at the Gamemakers, who weren't even looking at her. Perfect.

Grabbing a bucket of red paint, she got to work, smiling at the word that she was writing across the chest area of the dummy. When she was done, she made sure that the dummy was properly leaning against a wooden column and stepped back, holding the knives and dagger.

Clearing her throat, she shut her eyes and envisioned that she was back in the arena. The brunette was one of, if not the best shot that the games had ever seen and she knew that. Valencia imagined that the dummy was one of the people that she had to kill and without hesitation, she threw the first knife, smiling when she heard a thunking noise which told Valencia that she had made the first shot. Two shots later, Valencia opened her eyes and smirked.

The Callisto girl chuckled to herself when she realised what she had actually done. One knife lodged into the head of the dummy, another knife lodged into the chest of the dummy, and the dagger lodged right into the crotch area, making a straight line across the dummy. Turning to look back at the Gamemakers, she clenched her jaw when they were still paying her no attention whatsoever.

Cocking a brow, she once again walked over to the weapons table and grabbed a cutlass before walking back to where she was and aiming right for the glass that the Gamemakers were protected by. The brunette hadn't expected the weapon to stick into the glass since she knew about Katniss's stunt last year but she couldn't say she was displeased when it did.

The Gamemakers gasped at the sound and turned to look at Valencia, who was waggling her fingers as a hello with one hand while using the other to point to the dummy. The brunette smirked at the shocked faces of the Gamemakers before sending them a snarky look and walking out of the room, not caring about the eyes on her back as she did so.

◤ ──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

author's note: hi guys!! sorry i haven't updated in a bit, i've been stressed since it's exam season but here's the next chapter! i know i used the cliché dummy thing that everyone uses but i kind of changed it so that valencia could also show her skills off. i hope you enjoyed it!! <3