Siege

A/N: Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that my surgery went well. I've been very ill and in pain because of the surgery itself and the medications I'm on, but I'm feeling much better now. It really was just getting past the first few days. I'm hoping I'm okay for the rest of the month until I get my cast off on approximately June 25th. I'm really grateful for this community for supporting me and being patient with me. It feels good to know that even though I'm bedridden, I have the world of my stories to fall into and share with you guys. I have an upcoming Yoongi fic along with a Jin one since Jin needs some love. And of course, I'm a Jimin bias, so I have a million Jimin stories upcoming as well. Get ready for a lot of new stories and concepts! Thank you guys so much for being here <3

~~~

Day 850

Living without Jimin has been hell to say the least. But that's not what concerns you the most. Jungkook hasn't returned since he left with Ves to drop him off at the compound. You've sent search parties out looking for him, but nothing has worked. Why? Where is your best friend? At first, you thought he made it to the compound with Ves, but that theory got debunked when you sent Taehyung to receive the message from Ves. Ves said in the note that Jungkook and him got separated due to a horde coming their way. A horde caused by the Ranglers.

You're not overly worried since Jungkook is a strong, smart man. It's possible the horde - that's getting heavier and more noticeable by the day - is blocking off his escape route. That's the most likely scenario, and Yoongi even made a theory that Jungkook went to Yoongi's old camp so he could get some safety until the horde clears. Hopefully the Ranglers will send out hunting teams and kill as many zombies as possible. It's gotten to the point where you're seeing more and more zombies outside your gates every day. No Howlers or Behemoths, but Runners, Divas, and normal ones.

The good news is that the more zombies there are, the easier your plan becomes. You managed to find two trucks that are big enough to fit a bunch of zombies. Instead of one gigantic, 18-wheeler truck, you opted for two that can fit about 20 zombies each. Thanks to the hordes, it's been easy to lure them inside and shut the doors. The trucks didn't have gas (as expected), but you sent out a team to find some at the local gas stations. They're almost dry, but after working some magic, you got just enough to last for the upcoming siege. The siege happening tonight.

This is like a constant battle between you and the Ranglers. It's Guerilla Warfare, the tactic Jungkook suggested. Not a bad plan, it's how wars have been won before. You're no history nerd, especially considering survival is the only thing on your mind nowadays, but you know the basic strategies used in the major wars. Guerilla Warfare was one of them. Small strikes when the enemy doesn't expect it, then they go back and make a new plan. It's the small wins that matter most, it seems. The small ones build up into big ones, and the big ones are the ones that turn the tide of the war.

In your office that was Jimin's and before him Namjoon's, there's one person other than you. Yoongi is there, holding a glass of whiskey in his hand. It's half full, the man taking tiny sips from it as if the liquid will hurt him if he downs it in one go. The scientist has been rather quiet recently, and you're not sure why. Maybe because of Ves, to be honest. You miss Ves too, but he's doing his job with Jimin. The good news is that Jimin must be through basic recovery by now. The Ranglers will take care of him and keep him on meds. It's been a month and a half since he got shot. He should be able to move without any limps. Not for long, but long enough that if you did the siege today (as you plan to), he'll be in a decent fighting condition. Jimin will likely be unable to lift anything heavy for several more months, but the important part is that he can move. Maybe even run.

"Something you want to say?" you ask, Yoongi peeking up from his spot on the chair. The chair is planted in front of the window, rain pitter-pattering on the glass. As soon as the rain clears, you're hoping to get a move on and attack the compound. The trucks are ready, and you have dead zombies outside waiting to get gutted and used so your people can blend in with the horde. If the zombies can't smell you, they can't attack you. That's what Yoongi and Taehyung have said, anyway. You're choosing to trust them. Not because you want to. It's because that's the only option you have left.