The Behemoth

I hope you're enjoying the story! If you are, don't forget to vote and follow! Thank you guys for supporting my story!

~ Raven / Jiminbiasnim

DAY 787

So this is going well.

After killing three runners and two Divas, things are still looking grim for the group of survivors. A Behemoth on top of about five Divas and ten undead all swarming around them. Sixteen zombies, six of which specials, versus two terrified adults, one kid, and one survivor. This will be interesting, won't it?

Jimin grits his teeth and gets closer to Ves. "If anything happens, get behind me. I'd rather me get bit than you," he says.

Ves glares. "We're in this together." Ha, Jimin had that determination two years ago. When the apocalypse first started, he told his brother the same thing. Now his brother is gone, most likely dead. Most likely dead for a while, maybe even over a year.

He shakes the thought off. This isn't the time to be emotional over his brother. Focus is the only thing that'll get him through the night. "I think we need to use our guns here!" Fiona says.

"Wait!" Jimin replies, holding his ground. One Diva pounces, its roar almost terrifying Jimin despite the amount of time he's spent in the apocalypse. Regardless, he stabs it, letting the thing fall to the ground. Fifteen zombies.

The Behemoth leads the charge, not very fast due to its size. "Run!" Jimin shouts.

"What!?"

"Run!" he repeats, turning on his heel and grabbing Ves's hand. "We don't have enough firepower to defeat that thing! And even if handguns take this thing out, we'd lose too much valuable ammo in the process!" Without rebuttal, they run, the zombies following. Y/n manages to take out a Diva, Fiona doing the same. Thirteen. Two Divas left and one Behemoth plus ten regular zombies. Okay, this is getting a little better, but still not perfect.

The zombies shriek as they rush after the fleeing group, Jimin making the decision to throw his knives. Thank the lord he brought extra. He sinks one into a regular's head, killing it. Nine. He misses his next shot, grunting as he does so. He knows he can't hit every shot, but it sure as hell would've been nice.

Jimin focuses on running, taking two knives out and holding them by his side. The Behemoth is in the back now, slower than the other zombies. The Diva is leading, hissing and snarling as it pounces toward them. Fiona pushes Jimin aside and takes the thing out with her knife. Jimin pants. "Nice one."

"Archer," she replies with a grunt, pushing the zombie's body to the ground. Eight left, only one special. They can outrun the Behemoth, but those normal undead are catching up.

"This way!" Jimin says, leading them down an aisle they haven't touched yet. They follow, Jimin stopping in the middle.

"Are you insane?" Fiona asks, stopping with him. Ves and Y/n reluctantly do the same.

"Very, but I have a plan," he replies, glancing at the untouched goods on the shelves.

"Care to fill us in? We have about ten seconds until those things get here."

"Get out of here."

"Excuse me?" Y/n asks in disbelief.

"Get out of here," he says. "Get to the car and start it, drive it over here so I can get in."

"We're not leaving you!" Fiona shouts.

Jimin turns to look at them as the group of zombies goes down the path. "Just go! I'm trusting you'll be outside when I need you to be!" The other three appear hesitant, but eventually nod.