Chapter 12: Advice

trigger warning: dark themes that may be offensive or upsetting to some readers

Tony's POV

    "Oh," he said, stepping back, eyes widening. "I—I'm sorry. Uh—I—Are you okay?"

    "Um... Yeah?" Tony said. "I'm the one who bumped into you anyway."

    He had somehow accidentally walked into Bucky, of all people.

    Tony was surprised that Bucky hadn't seen him.

    Or not.

    The super soldier's purple circles rivaled his own, and that was saying something.

    Even more so considering the amped endurance he had as a super soldier.

    "Uh—Right," Bucky said awkwardly. "Still: sorry...um."

    This happened everytime they had to interact with each other. They would both be super awkward, and just end up staring at each other.

    It still surprised Tony that he was staring at his parent's killer.

    When Bucky first moved to the tower, he didn't really interact with Tony, much less talk one on one with him, so to say Tony was surprised to find Bucky appearing out of the blue in his lab was a understatement. Bucky had talked to him privately, for over a hour, barely managing to stutter out the whole story. (There may have been some tears. On both sides, strangely.)

    At first, Tony was ragefull. And maybe a little scared.

    But mostly sad.

    But now... Now Tony couldn't make himself be mad at Bucky.

    It was wrong—he should be shaking with anger right now.

    But Bucky was as much as a victim as his parents were.

    He just felt—

    Actually, Tony didn't know how he felt. Everything was just a big, complicated mush of emotions.

    And he didn't want to deal with it now, not after what happened with St—No.

    I will not think about this now; not in front of Bucky.

    Tony had almost forgot.

    Awkward.

    "Sorry for bumping into you again... um... Bye!" Tony said, turning on his heel.

    "Wait!" Bucky blurted suddenly, and then looked like he wished he hadn't when Tony turned back around to face him.

    When he didn't say anything else, Tony spoke up. "What?"

    "I just... I talked to Steve earlier and..."

    Oh no.

    Oh NO.

    OhNoOhNoOhNoOhNoOhNo.

    "I think you should talk to him," Bucky muttered.

    "I don't think—maybe," Tony quietly said. "I don't know if he wants to talk to me."

    "He does." Bucky had gained some confidence, from who knows where.

    Ugh, Steve probably told him everything.

    Tony wondered if he should pretend to have a heart attack. Everyone would think he was unconsious, and it was a belivable story; due to the arch reactor currently atached to his chest.

    "I don't really get why Steve still has a problem with this," Bucky mussed in a way that seemed like he was talking more to himself than Tony. "But... if you actually talked to him about it..."

    Tony was really going to regret asking, but... "It?"

    "I... can't tell you." He grinned sheepishly.  "Steve would kill me."

    "Nah, he wouldn't. You guys are bros."

    He shrugged. "Not my secret. See you later, I guess..."

    And then he walked away, leaving Tony to go hide in his room.

    He was hiding from Steve.

    His face burned when he remembered what happened.

    He didn't know what had to have happened to lead up to it exactly—Tony's memories was considerablely mushy—but, somehow, they had ended up kissing.

    Kissing.

    And Steve had kissed him back.

    Until he pushed Tony away and ran.

    Tony still didn't know what he had done wrong.

    But he did something wrong.

    He shouldn't have kissed him.

    He shouldn't have let him go.

    He shouldn't have been avoiding him.

    Bucky was right—Tony needed to talk to Steve.

   Oh.

    My.

    God.

    Did I just think that? That Bucky was RIGHT?!?!

    I've lost it.

    Tony needed to revaluate his life choices if he was taking romantic advice from the single and lonely assassin that killed his parents. (Even if he was kinda hot—definitly not Tony's type though.)

    But still, he was right.

    And Steve didn't deserve to be ignored by him.

    Tony made himself get up, and dragged himself to Steve's bedroom door. He slowly and dreadingly knocked on the door.