5:the injecter

The place where the injecter had be planted was pink and smoking. The four raced up to a cluster of  people, Steven stood next to the mayor. "Steven what is going on here?" The Mayor asked. "I'm not sure, but I'll find out. Let's open up the shelters we might need to evaluate. " Steven said to the shorter woman.

More Flowers were dying and the grass looked darker the more the four got to the injecter. "Lapis, Bismuth, Peridot!" Steven yelled once they all got to the injecter. "Whats the damage?" Amethyst asked, Peridot just looked at her.

"Amethyst, get away from me, I can't stand to see you all vacant and bereft of personality." Peridot says waving her hand dismissively. "Yo, I'm back, you dip." Amethyst deadpaned, Peridot smiled. "Oh! Well your just in time for the end of the world" Peridot stressfully smiles. "This is no ordinary injecter, whatever it's leaking into the ground is toxic, let's get a scan going and see what we're dealing with."

Peridot said Bismuth handed her a piece of the earth, Peridot bubbled the piece and placed it in a microwave. It printed out a series of letters, Peridot seems to be able to read them. "Just as I thought." Peridot pulled up a screen, a diagram of the injecter was shown with more words.

"Bio-poison. pure and uncut. As of this moment the ampoule has drained 15.4% of its contents meaning the poison is releasing, at a destruction rate of 5 cubic meters per hour giving us, hm, 41 hours until destruction of all organic life on earth." Peridot explained fixing her glasses and moving to the smaller screen. "All organic life?" Steven asked his eyes glued to the large screen I fear. "Yeah like the animals, the plants, the insects, you know...people." Peridot shrugged fixing something on the screen.

"This is what Spinel meant." Steven spoke in fear. "'Your human half won't stand a chance against my injecter' She- she brought this thing here to kill me! And now - now it's gonna kill everything else on earth too, I've gotta do something!" Steven exclaimed, about to do something stupid. "No Steven wait!" Bismuth said as Steven got closer to the injecter. "Steven! Stop!" Peridot screeched as Steven got close to the drill pushing the pink liquid in the earth.

Steven grabbed the drill and tried to lift it. "Steven!" Bismuth yelled, "careful!" Amethyst exclaimed. "What is that clod thinking?!" Peridot screeched. "Yeah! Lift with your legs!" Spinel encouraged. When the injecter got atleast most of the way out, Steven's gem started to glow and flicker making him drop it. The cracks became more prominent in pink and started to crack the ground more. Steven got stuck about to fall in the pink goo before a pink gloved hand grabbed him and brought him to safety. "Well look what I reeled in!" Everyone came rushing to the pair.

"Steven!" Peridot exclaimed "Are you okay?" Amethyst asked. "My organic jacket..." Steven whimpered he lifted his shirt to see his gem again, still glowing with the strange essence. "I can't do anything with my powers like this." Steven dropped his shirt and looked at his friends. "Bismuth, Lapis, can't you lift that thing? Peridot, what about your metal powers?" Steven looked at the gems desperately. "You think we didn't try that?" Lapis said a frustrated look lathered onto her face. "Disturbing the injecter accelerates the poisons rate of release. Also it might explode." Peridot said, moving the tablet to show Steven before moving it away again.

"We have to find a way to move it without touching it, before it's too late." Peridot replied as Spinel made her way over to the injecter, Tigers eye followed a usual. Steven had a thought. "Spinel- she activated it, so she might be able to deactivate it, but she doesn't even remember what it is, let alone how to control it." Steven said looking at the pink gem waving at the boy. "Then you gotta change her back." Bismuth comments a serious look on her face. "No way! She's cute and harmless now! But if we bring her back she'll kill us all!" Steven tried to explain his reason, Peridot shrugged.