"It's none of my business? Alright. Then tell me what a mate is." He looks at me for a moment. He looked at me straight in the eye as if he was trying to find some sort of feeling.

I remember reading about mates and I plan to use that against him as much as I can.

I'm not above guilt tripping and that is exactly what I am about to do. Make him feel like shit for hiding things from me. I can't be here for his mere enjoyment and to calm him always, he needs to tell me stuff.

"You already know." He says finally.

"So why are you keeping things from me and not letting me help?" He closes his eyes and inhales deeply before he looked back at me.

"You know, you are very manipulative. In your own way, I say you are more dangerous than my siblings." I smile at him. He caught on on what I was trying to do.

He got off the bed and gave me his hand for me to take. "Come on, my or should I say our friends are having a meeting. You should probably join." He says.

"Wait is your mom going to be there? We still haven't...talked." Ever since that night, I haven't seen much of the Queen mother. I feel very guilty.

I mean I shouldn't. I wouldn't if she wasn't Rowan's mother which doesn't make her less of a perpetrator than him though because he is the main source of my anger. She is the main source of him.

"Let's go." He just says and takes my hand, pulling me towards him. He has a way of not answering my questions and I don't like that. The worst part is I can't even argue with him when he does that.

Walking with him in the hallways felt very weird. We were getting a lot of stares, from vampires and humans. I didn't understand and he didn't seem to notice or care. I really don't know. Then it clicked, he was still holding my hand. I tried removing it but he only held it tighter. Seriously?

"Why are you holding my hand in front of people?" I whisper shout at him as we walked. His face was looking straight forward not giving a glance at everyone around us.

"You're very bad at whispering." He returned with the same tone. See? Dodging my question.

"Stop dodging." I shout at him again. He only smiles but doesn't answer. Awesome.

Yes we don't hold hands in front of people. He said our status should be confidential for now until I am stronger and can protect myself from vampires because he has enemies that would try and kill me. I don't get what's happening now.

He made it worse by snaking his hand hand around my waist pulling me closer to his side. I forgot I was still wearing a tight tank top and leggings like it was a lazy day. He didn't give me time to change, maybe he didn't want me to since his hand was under my shirt making me feel those amazing sparks.

I was deep in thought and the fact that Rowan was guiding me didn't make it better, I didn't notice that we had made it to his office. Where he holds all of his meetings. Hopefully not all of them.

The big office doors slid on opposite sides opening to reveal a whole group of the most powerful vampires. I didn't know what to say, my eyes thought it was okay to look straight at the Queen's. Shit that's why he didn't answer.

"Where are the rest?" Rowan asks behind me before I feel a hand pushing me inside. Why is he pushing me? I wanted to shout at him but his mother was there. And I was scared for my life.

"I put Alexei and Aurielia on the duty of making sure the twins are safe." Henry says. Or more like warns, I think he doesn't want me here.

"Kahina will be joining us today since she feels she could have a good view on our current problem. I mindlinked my sister that she is with me." Wait what? When? What is mindlinking?