28. The Plan

Y/N POV

"Last time I checked he should be coming here." Says red jacket guy.

"So we just wait here? In the ship?" I ask.

"Nothing much we can do, kid." Responds Tony.

Everyone kind of just sits on the floor of the main room, except for the gray guy who's leaning on the wall.

I sit down on the floor, then Peter sits next to me and pulls me onto his lap and kisses my cheek.

We just sit around in silence for a few minutes untill Peter speaks up.

"Uh, s-since we're here, why don't we all introduce ourselves. Name, and um abilities I guess." He says.

The gray man speaks, "I am Drax. I am a trained warrior on a mission to avenge my wife and daughter."

No one says anything for a few seconds, then the antenna girl, sitting next to Drax says, "I'm Mantis, I can read and manipulate emotions."

Tony sighs and says, "Tony Stark, also known as Ironman. My abilities? Besides the suit, uh let me see, genius, billionaire, playboy,  philanthropist."

"You just can't get over your ego can you, Stark?" Says Strange. "Dr. Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme and master of the mystic arts."

Silence.

"Well I guess I'm going next, I'm Y/N L/L, the public knows me as Stealth Spider. Uh, I'm a highly trained assassin, I can see the past and the future, and I have telepathic and telekinetic abilities. I think that's about it."

I look up at the boy hugging and say, "Pete?"

"Oh yeah, um, I'm Peter Parker, the rest of the world knows me as Spiderman. Uh, I I don't really have awesome powers like she does," he says, looking at me, "but uh, I have super strength, agility and I have heightened senses and super reflexes would be the easiest way to describe that."

"Wait, wait, wait, your name is Peter?" Says red jacket guy, the only one who hasn't spoken yet.

"Uh yeah."

"Peter Quill." Says red jacket dude, extending his hand for Peter to shake. Peter reaches over and shakes it.

Peter Quill continues, "Many people just call me Quill though. The rest of the galaxy knows me as Star-Lord."

"No one calls you Star-Lord." Says Drax.

"Shh, they don't know that." Whispers Quill.

"We heard that." Peter and I say at the same time.

🕷°°°°°🕷

Were all decided to go outside and wait for Thanos, which now doesn't seem like such a good idea because it's just making everyone more anxious than we already were.

Quill is using some yellow glowy thing to measure the planet's tilt. I see Mantis behind us, jumpig up and down like this planet is a trampoline.

"The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Says Quill.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just need the gauntlet." Says Tony.

I hear Drax yawn. Peter and I turn to glare at him.

"Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?" Tony asks.

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan.'" Says Drax.

Wow, what an idiot.

Tony turns to Quill and says, "Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page."

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do."

"What would you say it is you do here?" I ask.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis says with too much confidence considering she got the saying wrong.

Tony stands there for a moment looking hopeless, then says, "Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord can you get your folks to circle up?"

“Mr. Lord. Star-Lord is fine." Quill says as he motions for Drax and Mantis to come over here.

"We gotta coalesce." Tony says, "‘Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-”

Quill cuts him off, "Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what is means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plans, and that way it might be really good."

Now it's my turn to cut in, "Or what about Peter and I make the plan."

"Yeah sure, I don't mind having an extra person helping me." Says Quill.

"Not you Peter. My Peter." I say, wrapping my arm around Peter's torso.

"You two did have a really good plan last time." Remarks Tony.

"Oh come on, I have good plans." Says Quill.

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Says Drax.

"What dance-off?"Asks Tony.

Quill cuts in, "It's nothing."

"Like in Footloose, the movie?" Asks Peter.

Quill excitedly says, "Exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

"It never was." I say.

"The Empire Strikes Back is better." Adds Peter.

I nod, "It was voted best movie of al time in 2015."

Quill frowns sadly at us.

"Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony says.

"Okay."

"We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here." Adds Tony.

"Flash Gordon?" Quill asks, "By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human. So that 50% of me that's stupid... That's 100% you." He points at Tony Peter and I.

"Your math is blowing my mind." Say Tony, sarcastically.

"Excuse me, but...Does your friend often do that?" Mantis asks.

I turn around to see Strange sitting cross-legged, his hands doing some sort of wizard gesture with the time stone between them. His eyes are closed, and his head is jerking rapidly from side to side

"Strange, we alright?"

Strange snaps out of it as he leans forward, letting out a gasp.

"You're back. You're alright. Hi." Tony says.

"Hey, what was that?" Peter asks.

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." Strange says breathlessly.

"How many did you see?" Asks Quill.

"14,000,605."

"How many did we win?"

Strange pauses for a moment before answering.

"One"