13. The Plan

°°°°° (that night)

Peter POV

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling, I think about Y/N and how I'm probably never going to see her again. What would happen to her? Would she and Nat get caught? What would Secretary Ross do if he catches them? Suddenly I come up with an idea, its risky, but it just might work.

I decide to swing over to Y/N's rather than just texting her. I put on my suit, open the window and swing a few blocks to her apartment.
I climb up to her window and tap on the glass.

She pulls open the f/c curtains  and smiles at me. Shes wearing a pair of f/c sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt with our favorite band on it. I realize that it's actually my shirt.

I climb through the window and say "You know, I was looking for that shirt."

She smirks "Well I'm not giving it back."

I engulf her in a hug, not wanting to let go.

She looks at me, arms still wrapped around me. "Why did you come through the window?"

"Ok first of all, thats called a Peter door." I say pointing at the window. "Second, it's a lot quicker than waiting in the elevator and then knocking on your door."

She nods in agreement. I look around her room, where there were once shelves of books, action figures, and photos. There are now empty shelves and cardboard boxes on the floor. I realize that it's all happening so suddenly, that if my plan doesn't work, I might not see her again.

I flop down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling, she does the same. "It's all happening so quickly, too quickly." I mutter the last part.

"Well, I gotta leave the city by tomorrow night." She says.

I turn on my side to face her. "But what if you don't?"

She turns and gives me a confused look. "What do you mean?"

I sit up and start explaining my plan to her. "Ok, so, Ross doesn't know that you work for S.H.I.E.L.D, or that you do hero work and that kind of stuff, right?"

She nods, trying to see where I'm going with this.

"Does he know you're related to Nat, or any of the other Avengers?"

By know Y/N is sitting up as well, she shakes her head.

"And you can't stay here in the apartment by yourself because you're underage."

She continues to nod along as I keep talking.

"You can't stay with Mj, or Ned because then you would either have to explain to their parents, or come up with a very convincing reason to live in their house for who knows how long..."

"Where are you going with this Peter?" She asks.

I take a deep breath. "What I'm saying is.......what if......you stay at my place?"

"Really? You'd let me stay? Even though you could get arrested too for helping me if Ross finds out who I am?"

"Of course I would."

She smiles and gives me a hug.
"Thank you Peter. But what about May? She should be ok even if Ross finds me. What would we tell her?"

Y/N is pacing around the room now, trying to come up with something to tell May.

"Well.......about May.... She knows I'm Spiderman......."

Her eyes go wide.

"Oh! Well I guess I didn't really think about it. We should tell her about me then. Just not the whole Red Room part, I didn't even tell MJ that. Just that I was adopted, and recruited for S.H.I.E.L.D."

I nod, relieved that she agreed.

"We should probably tell her tomorrow." I say

"Yeah"

I put on my mask and I'm about to climb out the window when I hear Y/N call my name in a soft voice. I turn to her and she says, "you can stay, if you want. I know your apartment complex is at least a 5 minute swing from here, and its late."

"Thanks, Y/N"

There is a box in her closet, with one of my t-shirts, a pair of my sweatpants, a hoodie and a first-aid kit. We keep it there for occasions, like if I get hurt while fighting crime, I always go back to Y/N's and she stitches me up, or just gets me an ice pack if thats all I need. I have another box at my house filled with stuff for her, if I need help, I always go to Y/N, if she needs help, she comes to me. Sometimes we use the boxes for situations like this, when we spend the night.

I dig out my sweatpants and t-shirt from the box, then go to the bathroom connected to Y/N's room to put them on. I walk out of the bathroom and see her brushing her h/l h/c hair. She gets into bed and pats the spot next to her. I lay next to her and put my arm around her, she lays her head on my chest and just like that, we fall asleep.

Author's note

So that was only 861 words wich is kinda short, and I know I haven't updated in a while but I had a school project that i had to finish.

I decided that it would benefit both you (the readers) and me (the author) if i posted once a week. It lets me sleep and gives you better and longer chapters.

Updates are on Tuesdays!

Bye!