𝟎𝟕| 𝐀 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧⊰᯽⊱┈──("𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒐.")

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍  eleven years old when a faceless boy begun plaguing his dreams.

It had been a pleasant experience, lying in a field of vibrant, green grass, the boy lying next to him, the both of them laughing at something said between them, the tips of their fingers so close to each other that they were nearly touching, a warm, pleasant feeling spreading from his chest to every sungle part of his body.

The simple sensation of being with him at that time had been similar to that of lying on a cloud.

The dreams variated, the background changed with each dream, but only two things remained constant; the faceless boy and the unadulterated euphoria Percy by simply being in his presence.

When he was twelve, the dreams were still plaguing him, and Percy was beginning to think that he was delusional. He was already a troubled child with a bad case of ADHD and dyslexia. The idea of him having another disorder that had him conjuring up a person who didn't exist in his dreams didn't seem too far fetched.

Of course, all that was before he found out that he was a demigod. And suddenly, alot of things started to make so much sense.

When he joined Camp Halfblood, the dreams lessened significantly over time, and by the time he was fourteen, he stopped having them completely. It was weird, because the loss of the dreams left him with an ache so terrible within him that he started to feel as if a part of him had been ripped out from his soul.

That gnawing, aching loss haunted him for an entire year, and just when it seemed like nothing was ever going to make that horrible emptiness go away, Seth Yoon happened.

At first, the idea sounded impossible. The boy in his dreams was completely different from Seth. The boy was constantly happy, and Seth...well he was anything but. The boy in his dreams felt warm and open, Seth was borderline cold and closed off. The boy in his dreams was constantly reaching out for Percy, longing for him even, Seth didn't so much as want to look in his direction.

For all these contradictions, Percy still thought that the timing was way too close to be a mere coincidence. The moment he first laid eyes on Seth on that night in the creek, Percy felt that jarring emptiness inside of him dissipate instantly, and it was as if a weight had been lifted of his back.

Despite the circumstances of their first meeting, Percy knew, his very heart and soul just knew, that the boy from his dreams was undeniably one Seth Yoon.

When he regained the faintest bit of consciousness, Percy couldn't move nor could he open his eyes.

"Stay still," a gentle voice ordered him when he tried stirring. "You are too weak to rise."

With great difficulty, he slowly peeled his eyes open, and they stung from the harsh light. He could see the blue sky above him, hear the gentle rippling of water, hear the bubbling of a fountain.

Something cool touched his forehead, and it relieved him of the uncomfortably, hot sensation all over him. His throat was dry, and he felt like he had millions of grains of sand on his tongue.
A cold and metal like object touched his lips, and the voice asked him to part his mouth.

Liquid dribbled into his mouth, and trickled down to his throat, washing away the dry sensation steadily.

His vision was still foggy, but he could make out the faint silhouette of a girl, hair an auburn colour braided over her shoulder. He couldn't make out her facial features, and he tried squinting to get a clear image of her, but it was pointless.