𝟎𝟔| 𝐋𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫

《𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐎𝐍》

𝐒𝐢𝐱⊰᯽⊱┈──╌ (𝑴𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉'𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚)

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦ 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 whether Annabeth Chase was well on her way into a suicide mission. He should not have harboured worries of any kind because of as far as he was concerned, he did not know her or her friends.

The previous night, Annabeth had approached him after dinner, asking for his help, trying to convince him to join her quest.

And if you've known Seth long enough, you can easily guess how that conversation went down.

Despite his unwillingness to offer help of any kind, he still found himself approaching the suicidal maniacs alongside Chiron the next morning, the guilt forcing him to atleast warn them about...her. Seth wouldn't wish such a fate even upon his worst enemy.

It was probably stupid of him, now that he thought about it. He doubted they'd listen him. If he were in their position, he wouldn't listen to him either.

And then—

Gods, he didn't even want to think about it. He'd been lucky enough to get out of the situation without directly interacting with–

Stop, he internally chided himself, hating how his thoughts kept straying to the very thing he didn't want to think about.

In conclusion, he didn't care for Grover Underwood and his hopeless mission to find the long lost Lord of the wild.

He didn't care for Tyson and his loyalty to his friends and family, loyalty which drove him to follow them into the depths of what might as well be hell.

He did not care for Annabeth Chase's stubbornness, and how she was willing to venture into the Labyrinth to search for Daedalus— whose chances of being alive were incredibly slim— under the illusion that he would help their doomed camp.

And he most certainly did not care for one Percy Jackson and his stupid green eyes and foolish bravery fuelled by the urge to protect those he cared about.

He glared at the lake before him, willing himself to believe that, because he didn't care.

He didn't. No sir, absolutely not.

But then why was he so restless barely two hours after the group's departure?

"What's with that look?"

Of course, just as he was beginning to get some semblance of peace, she appeared. Again. To make his life more miserable than it already was.

He was really starting to dislike Camille.

Seth closed his eyes for a moment, throwing a pebble into the water carelessly. "What do you want?" He asked, the tone of his voice resigned.

The girl sat herself next to him on the rocks, smiling devilishly at him. "I'm supposed to be watching you, remember?"

Seth threw another pebble, the muscle of his jaw twitching. "Don't you have better things to do? Leave me alone."

Camille did the exact opposite, and she laughed too, on top of all that. "Wow. I have never seen you with that look on your face before. I was beginning to think that your default expressions were annoyance, anger and 'I hate you, get the fuck out of my face', so excuse me if I'm a little bit curious about what's making you look so worried."