Chapter 8 Axl ❤️ Licah

Start from the beginning

"If you have chosen me, I would never leave you, LJ."

"How can I choose you? You never gave me the option. Do you know why I agreed to be Trent's boyfriend? Because it's the first time in my life that someone said he likes me. I feel like it's the only chance I could ever grab in my entire life. You would never feel it because a lot is dying to be with you. But for me? That is the only hope I have. Even if it's not Trent, even if it's another person who asked me that day to be his boyfriend, I would say yes to anyone. Because for me it is once in a lifetime. Yes, I was that pathetic. I did my best for Trent to stay, but in the end, he still left me. If my boyfriend for 12 years can leave me without being guilty, what more for others. I would never fall again. It would be unfair to them too because I still can't move on. I don't know what else I could give for someone to stay. So, please, don't say you like me especially when you didn't remember me. Thank you."

"I just pretended to forget who you are. It is to protect me too. Use me, by all means, to move on. Even with that way, I could make up for the time that we lost." I can make him like me again.
"Don't be afraid to take the risk. Love me, LJ. I can promise that I would never leave you."

"I heard the same line before. I need to go back to work, sir." He bowed in front of me and left.

~~~~~~~

Licah's POV

It's been days since that revelation. What has changed? Everything about how Axl treatment to me.

If he wants me to stay here, he should let me do my work.

Actually, I don't want to be involved with him or with anyone.

I am not ready yet. It would be unfair to him because I can't promise that I can forget about my past with Trent.

I seriously want Axl happy even if it's not me.

I can see him again from his office watching me on my desk as I still review the profiles of his dates.

What was that alert? I felt like something vibrated on our table.

"What was that, Ria?"

"Madam is here. When you heard that alert, it means his husband is not with him. He is the CEO's wife. He is off the top floor so be ready."
Ria answered.

I fixed my desk and followed Ria to stand near the door. Is he that scary?

In the elevator, a beautiful man met my eyes. His photos are in the MSU hall of fame. My photo was near his.

The bodyguard opened the door for him. "I am hungry. Bring food for me and Axl." He ordered one of his guards.

Everyone was anxious.
He is walking towards me.
Shit! Shit!
Is he aware of what Axl and I talked about last time?

"Hello, I am Reese." He offered a hand

"If you don't accept his hands, his bodyguards will kill you I swear. Don't offend him." Ria is whispering behind me.

"Uhm, LJ, sir." I offered his hand.

"I'll pay you." He said. Why is he going to pay me? Is this the time when he will hand me an envelope of cash to stay away from his grandson?

"Sir?"

"I mean, can I have this?" He pointed to the pack of small biscuits in the pocket of my polo. "I am really hungry." I pulled it out and handed it to him.

"You can have it, sir."

"Thank you." He smiled at me. "My food in five minutes. Call them. Now."
He looked at me again and opened the pack. "How much is this? My bodyguard is going to pay."