Chapter 22

I hear a loud crash outside. Theo. The only thing I think of. I get up and ran to the door, I open it and am petrified. Theos car is not even 8 ft away. Another car crashed into it hitting his side. Almost crushing Theo. I ran to his side.
"The--o" I croak. I call 911
"Hello, yes can you send me an ambulance to 673 Roth jay lane. thank you please hurry." I hang up. I check for a pulse, there is one. He is losing a lot of blood. I cry, I can't stop crying. If I hadn't been a jack ass to him he probably wouldn't be in this mess. It's all your fault.
I think this, over and over again. The ambulance arrives 10 minutes later. I watch as they drive Theo off.
I text Ansel and Shai and explain everything, telling them to meet me at the hospital. I get in my car and start driving. I race as fast as I can, until I see red and blue lights flashing behind me. I pull over.
"Ma'am do you know why I pulled you over?" He says.
"Yes, I was speeding, but my boyfri- I mean friend was in a car accident and I need to get there." I say putting on my best 'let me go' face.
"Okay, on one condition." he says.
"Hmm? And what's that." I say, looking at him. He isn't that bad looking.
"Get out first." he says stepping away from my door. I get out and look at him. He grabs my hands and pushes me against the car. He starts to kiss me. He leans on me, taking one hand off my arm and placing it under the hem of my shirt. Wrong move, I smack him, as hard as I can.
He looks at me with pure shock. But then he hits me. Blinding me again, pushing me against the car kissing me once again, this time he begins sucking on my neck. I kick him one good time, and before he does anything he punches me in the eye. I get in my car and drive. I can't see out of one eye so I'm hoping nothing to bad goes wrong.

I arrive at the hospital 10 minutes after my "meet" with the cop. I look at my face. My eye is swollen and purple, not even makeup will cover it. my hands have hand prints on them from where he held me, they are purple and black, how wonderful and I have a nice swollen cheek on the other side of my face with a hand print, which more than likely will stay there for a while. I don't have a jacket or anything to hide any of my beating marks.

I walk into the hospital.
"Theo James." I say.
"He is in the ER section, if you are close family you may wait back there if not we advise you not to go and wait back there but in one of our comfy waiting rooms." I don't even hear the last part after ER. I walk as fast as I can to get to him. "Who are you here for?" The man working the door asks.
"Theo James." I say.
"Go on through."
Doctors are rushing everywhere and I start to get nervous. What if Theo doesn't make it, and the last thing we did was argue. It's all you're fault
I keep think that it's my fault, over and over. I hear two familiar voices. Shai and Ansel. They walk over to me and sit down.
"What happened?" Ansel says leaning against the seat.
"Theo came over to apologize and I was an ass. I guess he got in his car and went to pull away but another car hit his side practically crushing him... And I found him that way." I look at my wrists, black and blue and swollen. Ansel and Shai haven't asked about my face yet but I feel it coming. My eye is almost completely shut and my cheek still has a hand print and is swollen still.
"No, I mean about you, you look like you've been beat." Ansel says looking at my arms.
"Oh, I had a run in with a cop and he grabbed my wrists and held me against the car and kept kissing me and when I tried to get away he smacked me. So I kicked him and then he punched me in the eye. But I'm fine." I say.
"You look horrible." Shai says grabbing my hand. "Don't worry, he's strong he'll be okay." She continues.
"I know, but it's all my fault. I fought with him, and then this happens." I say, crying.
"Hey, shhh. it isn't your fault. You didn't plan this." Ansel say, rubbing my back. Theo, he sounds so much like Theo. Then everything stops. the doctors stop running and the nurses just walk.

I look at Ansel and Shai, as they point to a dark headed man. He has blood in his white coat and scrubs on. He must have been Theo's doctor.
"Are you all here for Theo James?" He starts looking at his paper.
"Yes." I say standing up.
"How is he??" I say again.
"We aren't sure exactly. He had serious injuries. If he doesn't wake up within two weeks we will have to let him go." he says, he turns around and walks away.

I cry. I don't know for how long I cry. it's all your fault, you shouldn't have yelled. If he dies, you'll be to blame.
I feel weak. I collapse on the floor and lay there for who knows how long, until the doctor comes out.
"You may see him now, if you'd like."
I get up and walk with the doctor.

I walk into his room, and can't help but cry. He looked like he was sleeping. I know that isn't the truth. If he doesn't make it, I will never forgive myself. I walk over to him, I grab his hand and rub small circles on it.
"Theo, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. I should have just talked it out with you. I was a bitch, and now your going to die, and it's all my fault. Theo if you have anything left inside of you, please, just please fight. Please." I say still rubbing small circles on his hand. I think I feel his hand move but I'm not sure. I just lay his hand out and sit down. I just stare, even though he is all beaten up, he is still the same man I feel in love with.

THEOS POV
I think I'm dying. I'm outside of my body, looking at myself in the car. Then I see Emily, she runs out and calls 911, making sure I have a pulse. I must not be dead. The ambulance arrives and puts me inside. I watch as they take me to the hospital. I watch the doctors, running and taking me for surgery. They work on my leg and then my heart, they put blood in me and stitch me up. Then they take me to my room. I just stare at myself. If I don't make it, and leave Emily.. I would never forgive myself.

I just sit and stare at myself for ever. Then I hear the door open. Emily walks in, she looks like she has been beaten. If I found out who did this.. I will kill them. Emily grabs my hand and then starts talking to me.
"Theo, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. I should have just talked it out with you. I was a bitch, and now your going to die, and it's all my fault. Theo if you have anything left inside of you, please, just please fight. Please." She is crying, and I can't do anything. I have to figure out how to get inside my body. I never thought I would say that. I look at my hand, that she is rubbing and I move it, even though I'm not in my body form, but as a ghost, my hand moves, and Emily feels it. She must think she is going crazy because she lays my hand down and sits. She just stares and stares at me. What I wouldn't give to be back in my body, with her.

~~~ TIME LAPSE~~~
One week later

EMILYS POV
It's been a week since though has been in the hospital. I haven't left his room unless I had to. I haven't eaten anything except for a few nibbles here and there. I just look at Theo, and imagine what he would be doing right now, and then I know that he would be doing exactly the same thing. He was in the hospital with me. Everyday I try to get him to wake up I just talk, and tell him that I love him. I've thought he moved a few times but maybe I'm going crazy. Its 9 am so I decide to try and get him to wake up.
"Theo, it's me again. I wish you would wake up, you know that? I know we just fought, and at this point you hate me. And I bet your thinking, it's all her fault, I get it. But you can't just leave, you can't leave Shai and Ansel, who love you dearly. I will always love you, even if you aren't with me. I just want you awake and happy. Please just wake up." And then something miraculous happens, he opens his eyes.
"Theo!!" I yell, "HES AWAKE." I yell loud enough for the doctors to hear. They rush in.
"Who are you?" Theo says staring at me.
"I'm Emily, you're girlfriend. Dont you remember?" I say, looking at Theo and then looking at the doctors.
"Why doesn't he remember?" I question.
"He has amnesia, who knows how long it'll last. He may remember some people but he might not others." the doctor says, examining Theo. Then I hear Ansel and Shai walk through the door. They walk past me and go to Theo.
"Hey Theo, how are you??" Ansel says.
"I'm good Ansel, how are you and Shai?" Theo answers. Tears stream down my face. Theo remembers them but not me. I walk out the door and walk to my car, I drive but I have no idea where I'm going.

THEOS POV
I hear a girl talking, her voice sounds familiar and it sounds like she has been crying. I force my eyes to open.
"Theo!!" She screams, why does she look so familiar? She's been beat too. Faint marks indicate that someone had hit her. "HES AWAKE!!" She screams and then the doctors walk in.
"Who are you?" I ask her. She looks hurt.
I'm Emily, you're girlfriend. Dont you remember?" She looks at me, my girlfriend? I broke up with Ruth, I haven't had a girl friend since.
"Why doesn't he remember?" She questions.
"He has amnesia, who knows how long it'll last. He may remember some people but he might not others." the doctor says, examining me. I hear Ansel and Shai walk through the door. They walk past Emily, I think that's her name.
"Hey Theo, how are you??" Ansel says.
"I'm good Ansel, how are you and Shai?" I answer, watching the girl cry and walk out the door. I wonder where she is going.