"Are you okay, Kai?" I put the iPad down for a second.

"Yes I'm fine... I gotta go watch cooking videos and well— try to cook. Thanks for the info April, you are the best!"

"You're welcome and good luck."

"Bye." Kai said in a hurry before hanging up the phone.

Kai is one... strange woman, but at the same time the sweetest and thoughtful person you can find.

If I had to be honest this might be the first time in my life, I'm jealous of Iliana. I wish I had someone planning to make me dinner— but no, all I 'had' was a woman who was scared to death of the tiniest sign of possible commitment and feelings.

Squirrel joined me in the couch, one again breaking me from my train of thoughts. Is like he enjoys doing it, or maybe he does it to help me to not overthink. "What's up buddy? Are you hungry?" I asked the feline as I scratched his back.

I took the purring as his way of confirming, I carried him with me to the kitchen so I could serve him some food... just to find the cat food bag empty.

What is it with me lately? I really need to get it together.

"I'm sorry for being such a bad mom, Squirrel. I'll go buy you food right now—and might as well get some for me while I'm at it." I went to my room to put on my shoes and a hoodie to accompany my joggers—I was just going to the grocery store, so I don't really care about my outfit right now.

Grabbing my wallet I walked to my front door and stopped when I was about to head out, "I will be right back with food, Squirrel. Be good." The cat just stared at me for a second before he started licking his paw.

Closing the door and locking it, I took my phone out to reply to some texts I received from Iliana while I was changing.

"Oh shit." A loud thud was heard as I accidentally bumped against someone.

I glanced away from my phone to see to see three boxes on the floor... along with a grunting guy. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking while I was walking." I kneeled down to try and check up on him, but he was already sitting up on the floor.

"No— no, don't worry. I wasn't looking either, I thought I could carry the three boxes at the same time... but I now see it wasn't a good idea." The mystery guy chuckled while he rubbed his head.

"Are you okay?"

Bright hazel eyes met with my brown ones—he didn't blink for a few seconds, which worried me that he had hit his head harder than I thought. He shook his head before speaking, "Yes... yes! I'm— I'm okay. Don't worry, my ass took most of the hit."

I giggled at his answer and extended my arm out to him to help him up—he looked between the hand and my face before he took it. "Are you moving in? I'm pretty sure I have never seen you around..."

"Drew— my name is Drew and yes, I am moving in—I got held up at work, so now I got to move in at seven in the night. Not really ideal." Drew chuckled while looking at the floor.

"I'm April." I extended my hand again towards him, but this time so he could shake it. My new neighbor had short —but currently messy styled— wavy dark brown hair with what seemed like light brown highlights — doe hazel eyes and light brown skin and a white model worthy smile. He's cute.

He took a moment to realize I wanted us to shake hands, but he ultimately did, "Right, sorry."

"Let me help you pick this up." I scrunched on the floor to get one of the boxes.

"No, you don't have to really." Drew tried to convince me to not help.

"Of course I have to, you are my new neighbor and you need help, so?" I nodded towards the other two boxes on the floor. "Let's get these into your new home shall we."

He hurried up to carry the two boxes—one piled over the other. "Over here, thank you... have you been living here for a long time or?" Drew made conversation as he guided us to his apartment, that was an apartment away from mine.

"Little over two years," I put down the box besides his. "Are you from LA?"

"I've live in the city for over a year, but I'm from Louisiana originally." He put his hands inside his jeans pockets.

"Louisiana?"

"Yup, New Orleans born and raised—what about you? Are you a local?" Drew asked.

"Pasadena born and partially raised in." I repeated the last part with a chuckle.

He nodded with a smile, "Thank you again for the help with the moving."

"No problem, I did make you drop your things. However I do have to go, need to go to the grocery store." I said walking out of the apartment with Drew besides me.

"Of course, I won't keep you any longer, sorry. One question though." Drew leaned against his doorstep.

"Yes?"

"Do you know if pets are allowed in the building? My last one didn't let them." He frowned.

I wasn't really expecting that question.

"I'm gonna be honest and say that I don't exactly know... but I do have a cat regardless." I admitted, making his eyes go wide before a laugh came out of him.

Not my brightest idea.

"Well that's encouraging." Drew mumbled.

"Why? Do you have a pet?" I asked—he shook his and scratched the back of his neck.

"I was thinking of getting a dog, but I guess I will ask my landlord just in case. Thanks for the info... and for everything really, you are very sweet April. It was nice meeting you." Drew smiled—a dimple showing when he did.

"I can say the same to you! I really gotta go now to buy food for my cat, but if you need anything just knock." I clapped my hands together and smiled.

"I will keep it in mind."

I nodded and pointed behind me, "I'll leave you to your moving. Have a nice night neighbor!"

"You too April, be safe."

I waved at him and he did too in return, I didn't stop looking at him until I got into the elevator and the doors closed—God he's so hot.

"Here you have it Squirrel." I poured the food on his plate and watched as he began to eat.

I scrunched up and walked back towards my couch—grabbing the food I bought off the table before I could press play on love island. At the end I decided on some good ol' Chinese food and ice cream for dessert.

It wasn't such a bad night after all— I mean, I am still romantically unwanted, but I have friends.

Kind of.

Okay I need to stop thinking until it gets more depressing and instead on my show.

Half a season in I was interrupted by a knock on my door, which took me by surprise since I am not waiting for anyone. Iliana would usually call if she was coming over —and I doubt she will, but you can never be too sure. Maybe is my new cute neighbor... but I don't know he seemed kind of shy to be knocking.

I'll just go see who it is instead of sitting here wondering.

Hope is not a killer.

"Coming!" I approached the door and opened it slowly... just in case.

Who I saw on the other side made me want to slam the door hard on their face and I did try... but I was stopped.

"April please, I just want to talk." Alex pleaded as she held the door from being shut.

"Fuck you, Alex."

-