I raise my brows, slightly surprised. I could've sworn he'd put something like 'there are no plants to water, but there is the owner who needs to be kept an eye on'. "Alright, that's actually not that bad. Wait though, who would wanna sleep on someone's couch when they can get... an entire room? For a similar price?"

"Dunno," Seth answers lightly, clearly without even thinking about an answer. "You have that guy who texted you, so him."

I shrug, having to agree with him. "What if he's not a student, though? What if it's some serial killer that looks at ads on Craigslist and then kills the people who live on the address?"

"Niall, I'm hanging up."

"Or what if he's an alcoholic too? What if I start drinking even more often if I start living with him?"

There's silence for a few seconds, during which I'm completely sure he'll hang up, but then I hear his voice- "Then I'll kill myself."

"Okay, I hope that's a promise," I tease, and I can practically see him rolling his eyes from the fraternity house. "Uh, so... should I reply to the guy?" There's one sentence I never thought I'd use in this lifetime.

"I don't know, what do you know about him?"

"Well, his name is Louis," I pause for a second, "And he hates autocorrect."

"Sounds perfect, tell him to drop by today."

Of course he'll command me what to do instead of giving me advice. "Okay. If I don't like him, it's your fault."

"Alright." He stays quiet for a second, "But if you end up loving him because he's neat and respects your privacy and doesn't boss you around and is basically everything that I'm not, then that's my fault too."

"Not likely, everyone I've met at UIC is like you."

"Eh, it's worth a shot," He says, with an evident smile. "Tell me how it goes!"

"Right, bye."

He hangs up without saying anything, and I sigh while staring at my phone. Do I actually even want a roommate? I mean, it would be nice if I had someone to talk to within the apartment. Also Seth acts like he owns the damn place when I have him over, so this would keep him away. And I'm not that close with the other guys. And there's also Leanne, but she gets boring after a while. I'd normally feel bad for saying that, but I've spent most of the past couple of weeks with her and it only made me realize I can't fucking wait for Freya's birthday.

I take a deep breath and shrug to myself, and open my texts after deciding that there's nothing I can lose.

To: Unknown

yeah, you can drop by anytime you want

I leave my phone on the coffee table, and run a hand through my hair. I can't believe there's a chance I might get a roommate. I've been whining about it for months, but I didn't think I'd actually do it. And it wasn't me who did it anyway, Seth is always the one to start something. I probably wouldn't have done half the things I did in Chicago if it wasn't for him.

When I don't get a reply in the next couple of minutes, I decide to lay back in the sofa and continue where I'd left off before receiving the message from this Louis person. I wonder what he's like... he sounds French. Maybe he is from France. Maybe he has an accent. He's probably into fine arts. Why do all French people sound like they're into films and poetry? It's probably a stereotype. Or I've watched too many romantic movies featuring French people. Or I haven't met enough French people in my lifetime. Well, that's understandable, I've only met like three pers-