About Ten-Eleven years ago

Mirabel's birthday: March 6, 194X

After the party. We couldn't get poor Mirabel's cries out of our heads she was so upset. Of course, some people are more focused on other matters instead of a little girl's feelings! Why are they even in our house? They're not part of our family!

"Nietos. Where is your father? What did he see?" Abuela Alma asked with that same disappointed look on her, 'Oh that's right she's why.' Looking at her with contempt after the look she gave our Mariposista.

"We don't know." Answered Javier in a polite but strained tone.

"And even if we did we wouldn't tell you."

"You will watch your tone, this night is already a disaster the people are having doubts about the magic. We need your father's vision," Oh like the magic was the one with their heart broken.

"Is that what you are so concerned about?! How we appear to the town? How the magic looks? Your youngest granddaughter is crying her heart out for not getting a door and you are not doing anything!"

"I am trying to find out what is happening to our magic we cannot allow our miracle.."

"This is more important than the miracle!" My brother Ignácio yelled.

"How dare you!! I will not.."

"No! All you've done is dismiss us and send us to do chores for this town without any regard for our well-being. Now it's time for your to listen!!!" I shouted having enough of her treating us like gifts,
"Ever since we were five you've had all of us use our gifts for the benefit of this town and its people but whenever any of us has a problem you would rather we push our feelings aside instead of confronting the problems!"

"If this is about your father's reputation with the town I told you he just needs to..."

"He shouldn't have to earn anything for you to defend him he's your son!!"

"Bruno has a responsibility to this community like everyone in this family," she argued.

"My papa has been doing his responsibility to us, his children. Which is something you've failed to do and if the town weren't so spoiled maybe they wouldn't be so bothered by the truth!!"

"You will lower your voice right now!" Alma shouted her stone like stand cracking from frustration.

"Or you'll what? Last I checked you don't have any powers! It's Casita that gives us our powers, not you! It was Abuelo who gave you that candle, not the miracle. And it was Abuelo Pedro's sacrifice that gave us casita you didn't do anything but-"

"ENOUGH!!" Alma shouted, "you will stop this disobedience and find your father that is an order!" Raised her hand and then...

___________________________

After the altercation with Abuela, the triplets made their decision that night but not before saying goodbye. They saw their father one last time and promised they would come back someday when the time is right.

-In the nursery room-

As Angelina opens the door she sees her youngest prima crying on her bed. "Mirabel, are you okay?" She goes to rub her back as her brothers follow behind, Ignácio holding his trés.

Mirabel looks up with sad eyes, "What's wrong with me?" She asked.

"Nothing, you are perfect just the way you are," Angelina said hugging her for the last time. "That's right Mira," agreed Javier.

"But I don't have a gift like you guys. How can I help the town?" asked young Mirabel.

"Mira while it is true our gifts help us, help the town, it's not the only thing we can do," Said Javier.

"You see prima, even though my powers help the town with heat or lightning issues or by making jewelry out of my father's vision tablets, I still make everyone smile by playing my music even though it annoys Abuela," Ignácio noted.

"But what can I do? Even if I don't have a gift I can't sing or play like you, how can I make my family proud?" Angie pulls her into a hug.

"Oh pobrecita, (she kisses her forehead) you don't need to worry about any of that. You, your sisters, and primos already made us proud from the day each of you were born," Angelina's words cheered her up a little.

"That's right sweetie, you'll just have to find out and see. Your young you have plenty of time," added Javier.

"Hey is everything okay?" said Isabella who was accompanied by Dolores, Luisa, and Camilo.

"We wanted to see how Mirabel was holding up," spoke Dolores.

"I'm okay just sad and sleepy," she yawned while rubbing her eyes.

"How about a song before you go to sleep?"

This made her smile and the rest of the young Madrigals sat down to listen excitedly.

"Now you might not believe us. This is a song we heard in a dream when we felt sad about our mother," he said and started playing.

"Remember me though I have to say goodbye"

"Remember me, don't let it make you cry"

For even if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart"

"I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart"

"Remember me though I have to travel far"

"Remember me each time you hear a sad guitar"

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be"

"Until you're in my arms again"

"Remember me..."

They all fell asleep we gave them one last kiss and with heavy hearts packed our bags to leave the Encanto. Poncho, a chihuahua, followed after. As we headed out, the doors would not open.

"Casita... please let us go this is hard enough as it is," she implored.

"Lo Siento Casita but... we can't stay here anymore," Javier argued solemnly.

"After what happened with Abuela we're afraid if we stay here any longer something bad will happen," concluded Ignácio.

Javier sighed, "Without our parents around it doesn't feel much like a home anymore."

"And though it breaks our hearts to say this, our pain and fears is something not even our primas and primo can help us manage," Angie told the house as tears fell from her eyes.

With the triplets' pleas, casita opened its door and the triplets were never seen again.

__________________________

From a distance, an old woman is looking down at Casita watching what happened with a sad heart
"Poor Madrigals. They don't realize it now but this is what is meant to be to heal and prepare."

Encanto (Journey to the past)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara