4.7 The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

"Erica!" Her parents scolded.

"I mean, you realise they're lying." Erica stated. "The whole sofa is on fire."

"Erica!" They scolded again.

"Just the facts." Erica defended as Star bounced her knee up and down.

"Are you lying to these policemen, Dusty and Stary?" Claudia asked and Star shook her head rapidly.

"No." Dustin exclaimed in a high pitched voice.

"O-of course not, mumma." Star blubbered.

"Lying to the cops is a crime, son." Lucas' dad informed him.

"I'm not lying!" Lucas denied.

"The fire is consuming us." Erica remarked.

"Threaten them with a little jail time. Maybe that'll loosen their lips." Mr Wheeler suggested.

"Okay-" Dustin stated.

"You wanna send our kids to jail?" Lucas' mum questioned.

"We need to take this seriously." Ted shrugged.

"He didn't mean it like that." Karen tried to defend at the same time.

Star groaned as everyone began to argue, the new chief of police telling everyone to shut up. They did not follow this order, continuing their squabbles as Star covered her ears in annoyance.

"Shut up!" Powell shouted, ceasing the arguing.

"Jesus." Karen muttered, making Callahan shush her.

"We're gonna try a more civilised approach." Powell informed them. "One at a time. You first." He pointed at Max.

"Wait what?" Star exclaimed, not wanting to leave the girl.

"Why me?" Max questioned at the same time.

"Follow me." Powell stated.

"I'm not even in Hellfire Club." Max protested.

"Do i need to cuff you?" Callahan questioned making Star scoff.

"Up. Chop chop." Powell said making Max huff, standing up reluctantly. She nodded to Star, showing she would be okay when she saw her nervously play with her fingers.

Callahan gave a sturn look to the teens, Star discreetly sticking up her middle finger as she pretended to itch her nose.

¤

Star paced slightly as Dustin sat in the bathroom, trying to contact the older teens. Star rolled her eyes as the parents argued, standing straight when Dustin came back in.

"Anything?" Lucas questioned.

"Nothing." Dustin stated, placing down the walkie.

"You don't think they went through..." Lucas trailed off and Star nodded.

"Through watergate?" Dustin asked. "Without us? Without a plan? Without weapons? They wouldn't be that stupid."

"I'm not too sure." Star spoke, making them look at her. "I mean, why else would they be ignoring us on the com?"

"When did you become pessimistic?" Dustin grumbled.

"It's called being realistic." Star retorted with a roll of her eyes.

"No." Dustin said in annoyance. "They must be laying low 'Cause the law got us."

"The law?" Erica appeared, walking over with a juice box in her hand. "What us this, Gunsmoke? The stupid and the ugly? Should I round up the posse? Saddle the horses?"