4.6 The Dive

"Not be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this visit?" Robin asked. " 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

It was the next day, and they were going to give Eddie some supplies and tell him what they had found the previous night.

"It'll be fine." Nancy dismissed.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin admitted, and Star hummed in agreement. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve spoke up, lifting up a six pack as him and Dustin ate in the book.

"Did your mother ever teach not to speak with a full?" Star asked, twisting in her seat.

"Yup." Steve smiled at her, crunching loudly to annoy her.

"That's what my mum does." Max commented to Steve's original words, Star placed her hand on Max's at this.

"Why don't we give it a trial?" Robin suggested. "Hey, Eddie, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin approved junk food and the six pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gates closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now your like doubly, triply screwed."

"Maybe we don't have to put it that way, we could sound more, I don't know, optimistic?" Star retorted.

"How about, 'we're one step closer to finding Vecna.' That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy explained.

"See, Robin? A positive spin can make all the difference." Steve commented, continuing to eat pringles.

"Uh-Huh." Robin muttered.

"Oh shit." Nancy stated.

The car approached the house, and Star could see reporters and police and a crowd. Star played with her rings, worried for her friend.

"Come on, this way." Nancy stated, leading them on the otherside of the news van to get a better listen.

"As many of you know," the chief said. "The Roane County line received a call a little after midnight... reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene."

"We made our way to the shore of lover's lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me." Chief explained. "It was there that we found the victim, an 18 year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick Mckinney. His limbs... his body, it was disfigured, there was an eye witness on the scene..."