4.7 The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

A/n I hope you'll read the a/n at the end

Now at the Wheeler's house- taken there by the police, the kids sat on sofa as they were questioned.

"What exactly were you all doing at the lake?" Powell questioned.

"Uh.." Dustin muttered as they all looked at one another. "It's comp-"

"We were... we were just going for a walk." Max replied as Star fiddled with her rings.

"A walk?" Callahan questioned. "At nine pm?"

"To the lake." Dustin squeaked, Star glancing at their mother awkwardly.

"We were gonna take a swim. Strengthen our muscles." Star added, elongating random words in her sentence.

"Dusty, Stary. Someone was just murdered there." Claudia told them.

"Yeah, we... we didn't realise that until we got there." Dustin explained.

"That's why we didn't swim." Lucas added.

"And Nancy, was she with you at this night swim?" Karen asked.

"No." Max replied.

"Yes. Uh.." Dustin said at the same time making Star sigh.

"We're not sure." Lucas said slowly.

"See, she took us there as we couldn't just walk, I mean, that's a long distance. A-and since she didn't want to swim she went off, somewhere that we do not know the location of." Star rambled with wide eyes, her hands waving about.

"That's when you guys came, after she had left." Lucas stated, suprised Star could speak so fast.

"Right. Then they dared me to say what I said." Max said, pointing to the boys.

"Oh, yeah." Lucas chuckled.

"About the killer." Dustin joined in.

"You're lucky you didn't get shot." Mr Wheeler commented.

"Have you had any contact with Eddie?" Powell questioned.

"That psycho.... freak killer?" Dustin questioned making Star roll her eyes, elbowing him. "God, no."

He was not helping Eddie's case.

"No. We haven't heard from him." Max stated.

"Yup. Nothing, nothing... at all." Star whispered.

"We barely know the guy." Lucas added.

"Who?" Dustin asked.

"Oh, thats a bunch of bull." Erica stepped forward.