2.1 MADMAX

Star ran around the house with Dustin, both looking around for spare change.

Star went into the living room, lifting up the sofa cushions as Dustin done the ones in the other room. She lifted them, making a mess of the seat.

"Damn! Another penny." Star sighed, throwing it to the floor.

"Stary, watch it. You almost hit Mews." Star's mother sighed as she stroked the ginger cat.

"Can I please check under your cushions?" Star begged, putting her hands together.

"Stary." She scolded.

"Pwease mummy." Star pouted, knowing her baby face would convince her.

"Fine." Mrs Henderson gave in, picking Mews up as she moved.

She picked up the cushion, smiling in triumph as she picked up two quarters.

"Love you, Ma." Star stated, kissing her cheek before rushing up stairs to meet Dustin.

"Lucas, you copy?" Dustin asked over his walkie-talkie Star rushed in. "I've got four quarters. What's your haul?"

"Plus, four. I found some in the cushions." Star stated with a smile, giving her brother a high-five.

"Take your puny haul and multiply by five." Lucas replied.

"How?" Dustin questioned with his special headset on he had gotten for a present.

"While you and your sister were scrounging around like homeless bums, I mowed old mam Humphrey's lawn." Lucas explained.

"Old man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin asked.

"Just call Mike already." Lucas retorted.

"You call Mike." Dustin argued.

"I'll call Mike." Star stated. "Problem fixed."

Star ran into her room, picking up her walkie to reach Mike.

The boy had been closest when to Eleven, besides the girl and missed her, trying to reach her on his walkie every day. Star was the only one who knew this.

"Mike do you copy? Mike do you copy?" Star repeated into the walkie.

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy." He stated.

"Anything on El yet?" Star wondered as she played with her money.

"No, not yet." Mike sighed sadly.

"It's fine, I was just going to say me and the things have got seven bucks total. What's you're haul?" Star questioned.