2.3 The Pollywog

Dustin slowly opened the front door, him and Star creeping inside. Dustin and Star had caught the mysterious creature in the bin, using the ghost trap to do so.

Star carefully shut the door, looking out for her mother. They snuck past the main part of the house, and were stopped as they got into the next room.

"Dusty! Stary!" Claudia called out. She got up, walking towards the siblings. "How was it?"

"How was what?" Dustin stammered making Star bite her lip.

"How was what? The greatest night of the year, of course." Claudia smiled as Mews rubbed against her leg.

"Yeah, yeah. It was, uh.... totally tubular." Star cringed, hating the word she has used.

"What's wrong with you?" Claudia asked.

"Nothing." They smiled.

"Did something happen?" Claudia questioned.

"No, what? No." Dustin answered.

"Are you constipated again?" Claudia asked the boy which made Star cough to hide her snicker.

"No! Mum!" Dustin groaned.

"Okay, you're acting weird." Claudia stated.

"We're not." Star denied. "We're always strange."

Suddenly the trap thudded, scaring their mum. Star even jumped alughtly in suprise. Dustin laughed nervously as Mews hissed at the trap.

"Awesome, right?" Dustin said. "Yeah.. Star and I thought it would be cool to rig the trap with, uh, a motor to make it look like I caught a ghost."

"Yeah, sorry for the scare." Star agreed, playing with her fingers. "But now it's just like the movie."

"Oh, guys." Claudia laughed nervously.

Dustin and Claudia then began to laugh loudly. Star scrunched her face up in confusion and concern for her family as they laughed.

"Funny. Look at that." Dustin said, backing up, both going inside his room.

"Cheesus." Star muttered, sliding Dustin's door to close it.

"I told you to keep quiet." Dustin spoke to the trap.

"All you had to do was stay still, we nearly got caught dude." Star scolded.

"Sorry, Yurtle." Dustin apologised as he lifted his tortoises cage lid off, before placing him on the floor. "Temporary eviction, buddy."

Dustin then opened his trap, dropping the creature inside it. It made its noise, crawling a bit.