4.3 The Monster and the Superhero

Star held a bag of shopping the next day, bringing it to Eddie with the others so he'd have some supplies. They walked over to the shed, opening the door whilst scaring Eddie in the process.

"Delivery service." Dustin smiled.

Everyone put down their stuff, Star handing Eddie a box of cereal when he sat back in the boat, eating it from the box.

"So, we got, uh, some bad news and some good news." Dustin informed him. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie stated, drinking his YooHoo with his mouth full.

"Not a bad idea." Star mumbled.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." Dustin explained. "Also, they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kinda convinced." Max added.

"And the good news?" Eddie questioned.

"Your name hasn't gone public. Yet." Star replied.

"But if we found out about you, its a matter of time before others do too." Robin stated. "And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie muttered.

"Unfortunately, yes." Star nodded.

"Shit." Eddie sighed.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin explained.

"That's all Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin nodded.

"Jesus." Star mumbled.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kinda thing before." Robin admitted. "I mean they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based, theirs more smoke related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really think we got this."

"Yeah, see we usually rely on this girl who had superpowers." Steve spoke up. "But, uh, those went bye-bye so..."

"So we're technically in more of the–" Star waved her hands around, trying to find the right words, making Max smile a very small smile.

"Kinda..." Steve muttered.

"Brainstorming phase." Max finished making Star nod.

"Brainstorming." Steve clicked his fingers.