4.5 The Nina Project

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind." Dustin suggested as he sat down with them. "He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow would up in his? Like Freddie Krueger's boiler room."

"Freddie Krueger?" Holly asked.

"He's a super burned-up dude with razors for fingers." Dustin explained, scaring the girl. "And he kills you in your sleep."

"Dustin." Star hissed.

"Sorry. Its a movie." Dustin assured the young girl. "It's not real. Just... think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a backdoor to Vecna's world? Like, maybe the answer we're looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing. God, we need Will."

"No shit." Max retorted.

"We don't need Will. This is fine." Star argued, looking at the paper.

"I tried them again this morning but its the same busy signal." Max explained, rubbing Star's arm.

"Is this a window?" Nancy asked, picking up a piece of paper with a little drawing of what kinda looked like a door.

"Yeah." Max stated.

"Stained glass with roses?" Nancy questioned.

"Yeah. See? I'm not so terrible after all." Max said to Dustin, Dustin tilted his head.

"Yeah, well, it helps that I've seen it before." Nancy explained.

Star watched as Nancy began to fold pieces if paper, moving them in different places. Star helped a bit, folding a piece of paper that had a door way on it.

Nancy continued, moving and folding pieces until it created an actual picture. Nancy grabbed a marker and drawed around the edge, showing a house. She then put the rose on the doorway.

"It's pieces of a house." Star noted.

"Not just any house." Nancy informed them. "It's Victor Creel's house." Nancy grabbed the paper, standing up and holding the pieces together.

"Where are you going?" Dustin asked with a full mouth.

"To wake the others." Nancy explained as she went back to the basement.

"Gross dude." Star grimaced teasingly.

¤

After waking up the others, they grabbed their backpacks heading to the old house. Star grabbed some sage aswell, believing in spirits– not wanting an attachment.

The others may think it's silly, but Demogorgon's existed so anything was possible.

The car drove up to the house, parking. Star got out with the others, staring at the mansion for a moment.

"Hey, before we go in do you have a lighter?" Star asked as they walked to the front door.

"Why?" Robin asked as Star pulled out sage. "Really?"

"You find this hard to believe but demo-dogs and a thing made of melted humans isn't?" Star retorted. Robin sighed, handing her the lighter. Star began to sage everyone.

"This is so weird." Lucas muttered making Star roll her eyes.

"Fine, if you wanna deal with this and a ghost, be my guest." Star flapped her arms around, throwing away the rest of the sage. "We can go now."

"Jesus." Steve mumbled. "That's not creepy at all."

They walked up to the front door, Steve using a hammer to pull put nails so they could move the wooden slab off the door.