Restless

AN: Nagbabalik! 😂 5th installation of Tambay oneshot. Yeah, right. ✌🏾ONESHOT✌🏾. But again, im currently hibang about this ship. But dont worry. AD's my OG ship and sa kanila lang ako uuwi... Bale, naka staycation ako kay Reese at Leon 😁

Anyway? Alexa, play Restless by Coldwar Kids

*****

Twenty nine years.

It's been twenty nine years magmula nang huli nyang makita si Leon.

She thought she's just hallucinating or something. Or baka namalik-mata lang. O baka kamukha lang nya yung nakikita nya.

But she's here.

In her defense, Leon looks shocked to the core too.

But then she looks like something clicked inside of her and then she smirked.

"See..." She said coolly. "Told you you'd be a good journo, Patricia."

Patricia... Or her screen name Cia blinked and turned to the camera. The whole staff looks amazed to see that their chief correspondent is now very much flabbergasted.

"Well, Eleonor... I never said I don't intend to." She snapped out of her thoughts. "Anyway, I didn't know you represent Carl."

"Well, I do. I'm his lawyer. No, it's more like I'm part of his team. I've been working as a lawyer and also part of an NGO for marginalized people. When I got to see Carl's case, I felt... A strong urge to help him. Just imagine having your parent murdered right in front of you. But, anyway... That's too much for TV... I guess." Leon said in almost a hurry.

To which made Patricia chuckle. "No, don't hold back. But what everyone wants to know is how did you do it? Give justice for Carl and his family?"

"Like I said, I'm just part of his team. And we all owe it to Carl too. It was a long battle. We had to walk around eggshells cause he's a child and we still have to give him a little bit of his childhood back. But he's a brave boy. It wasn't because of us that he attained justice. It's him..."

"Well... Attorney... Uh, shall I call you Atty. Regalado or..."

Eleonor chuckled. "You've been calling me Eleonor. But you can call me anything you want."

"Okay, Atty. Eleonor then. How can Carl move on from here?"

Eleonor paused but she never turned away from her gaze. "It's... Something private, if that's okay. First and foremost, we want to keep him safe."

"Yes, of course. We understand."

"Thank you... But everything from here is just now focused on him and the rest of his family."

*****

"Attorney Eleonor Geronimo-Regalado..." Patricia said as she walked the hallway, tailing behind Eleonor. The attorney paused then looked back.

"Chief Correspondent Cia Herrera."

"I never knew you're married." She asked.

Nakapamulsa na ngumisi si Leon sa matagal na kaibigan. "I did... He was... He's my best friend. The father of my kids."

Gulat na gulat si Patricia sa nalaman.