03. being in the new era

[BEING IN THE NEW ERA]

OPENING UP HER EYES TO AN UNFAMILIAR PLACE WAS BECOMING NORMAL FOR HER AT THE MOMENT. a new room and new objects surrounded her this time, she assumed it wasn't a bedroom this time. no feeling of comfortable coming from where she was.

she wasn't even sure of why she was there, or how she was even alive again.
it had bothered her greatly and nearly took over her mind if it wasn't for someone walking into her view.

the tall man looked to be the one who woke her up, or rather revived her. his eyes being hidden from her and his white hair being a mess.

noticing that she was awake this time, he cheered, "you're finally up! i've been waiting for you all this time!"

to say she was confused was extremely obvious. "do i know you?" tilting her head to the side and eyebrows raised questionably.

he shook his head, a smile on his face. "nope! but you will know me soon enough. first of all, welcome to the new era. you're the first one to arrive out of you and sukuna."

sukuna's name seems to cause a reaction out of her; blue eyes sparking in surprise of his name. "so that means he's alive?? where is he?? i want to see him please, this is urgent!" she quickly said, looking around the room to try and spot the pink haired male.

gojo chuckled at her reaction and clear eagerness to see the king of curse's again. the mention of him lighting up a different side to her. "wrong. you won't find him here so no use looking."

tenko looked down at her lap, her hands now together and feeling cold as ice. she noticed how her skin would feel cold without his on hers.

"and then why am i alive?" her nails beginning to scratch at her palms. "i'm not meant to be without him." the scratching continued and he didn't stop her.

gojo let his glasses fall down slightly, his bright blue eyes peaking out just a little bit. enough for her to notice and stare at them in surprise.

from the color of blue they were to how they looked to be glowing without light touching them. the color seemed to remind her of the day of the massacre;
the early day before it all happened.

"you're alive because i wanted you to be, simple as that." was his only answer to her question, ignoring the statement after it. "now... how about we get you changed?"

confusion now hit her like a truck; looking down at her outfit to see what was wrong. it was only a traditional gray kimono, her shoes long gone.

"is something wrong with my outfit...?" still looking down and inspecting her clothing; maybe there was a stain that she wasn't seeing. but then again, it could just be the kimono in general. by looking at gojo's clothing, it looked to be very different.

the taller man hummed, "yeah, it's just that we don't wear that type of clothing usually anymore."

"oh? what made people change?"

"new era, things have long been changed and updated since your time.." he explained, "now let's get you situated, yeah?"

she nodded her head slowly, not sure on what she was agreeing to this time, but she would soon figure it out and possibly come to regret it.

and she did come to regret it(secretly loved it but said she hated it).

now dressed in new clothing that was considered proper for this new era, not wanting much of a change from her kimono so they just gave her a dress and actual shoes. she was quite stubborn about what to wear, so that was the best they could do.

"everything looks so different now..." she was in awe, still. even if she's been to multiple places, it still surprises her. "where are we going now?" she looked at megumi; who was the one accompanying her, unwillingly.

"we're just heading back to the school, nothing else." he was plain with his words, not saying anything more than what he needs to since all he had to do was just take her around.

"okay.." the silence was awkward, very awkward.

but tenko didn't care, she preferred the silence at the moment rather than the constant talking with gojo. it was relaxing for a change.

something that made her like this place more as the time went on, even if sukuna wasn't around.

unedited,, not proofread