02. from past to present

[FROM PAST TO PRESENT]

TWO BODIES LAID SIDE BY SIDE ON THE HILLTOP IN THE SHADE OF A TREE. both protected from the harsh sunlight and watchful gazes of the nosy villagers.

a cool breeze passing by, making one shiver and huddle closer to the other. wanting to feel their warmth rather than the slight cold breeze.

he chuckled at the actions of the one by his side; bringing his arm up and rubbing her back. "cold, are you?" his tone teasing.

the girl rolled her eyes at his, obviously answered, question. shaking her head and nudging his side, "shut up.. i'm more exposed to it than you are."

"and who's fault is that? i'm not the one who insisted on wearing your current outfit, that was all you was it not?" his red eyes now opened and staring down at the girl, a teasing smirk on his face and it wasn't going away anytime soon.

she could only grumble in annoyance, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of being right even if he already was. "i can't stand you sometimes, sukuna..."

and he laughed at that statement, knowing it to be purely false and quite the opposite. "oh? then why are you here next to me, clinging to my side for warmth? you're actions are very telling, tenk'."

tenko suddenly sat up and scooted away from him, crossing her arms in the process with furrowed eyebrows. "i can easily leave you." she stated, making her tone serious and attempting to be threatening.

the king of curses hummed in amusement and also sat up to face the ebony haired girl properly. "i'd like to see you try, but i think we both know that you could never leave me.." he trailed off with a smirk.

two arms behind him and keeping him up while his other two also crossed, mocking her.

"ugh... shut up..." she couldn't defend herself from his words, knowing that they were only true and even if she tried, she couldn't say otherwise.

he looked towards the sky, "say, isn't tonight the night we agreed on? the sooner we get this over with the better, you know?" his eyes gazed at her; knowing that he held power over her, and he would always use that to his advantage.

"i know but... but what if they change? then could we-"

"no." his tone were firm, and expression now changing into that of a serious one. "tenko, love, you know that there's no backing out of this. once you promise me something you just can't take it back."

he got closer to her, two of his arms now harshly gripping her biceps. while his other arms held her head in place, forcing her to stare directly at him and nowhere else. he easily took control of this situation, and just like every other time, she fell for his words and began to apologize desperately. wanting forgiveness for trying to go against his words.

sukuna was the king of curses, while she was merely just a human that he could kill without hesitation. he had complete and utter control over the mortal girl, and that he loved. to be able to easily crush her with his words and then watch her beg as if her life depended on it; and it did. especially around him.

the smirk on his face grows larger with every word she uses to apologize, "forgiveness? well, the only way i'll forgive you, is if you do what's told." he began to stroke the left side of her face, lovingly. she leans closer to his touch; eyes soft and head nodding at his words.

"yes..." she aimlessly agrees, "i'll do it. if it's what you want, then i'll do it a thousand times more. only for you."

he releases her arms and face, much to her dismay, and stands up to face the village below them. "well it seems go be that time, right?"

tenko looked to the sky to notice how it darkened as if on command, knowing that it was the time for them to do what was planned. she pushed herself off the ground and brushed off any possible dirt that lingered on her clothing.

she stood next to him now, her hands together and in front of her as she looked down at the town as well. "shall we go now, sukuna?"

"yes."

the second he spoke was when all hell broke loose for the innocent village that night. the village that tenko had grown up in, but now destroying and slaughtering all life that resided there. blinded by her love and utter devotion for the king of curses; she would do anything he asked of her.

and as reluctant as she was just a few moments ago, that quickly disappeared and was replaced with the need to kill.

the feeling of warm blood on her bare skin was refreshing in a way, the screams of innocent villagers, and the total chaos that happened there was thrilling.

not once did tenko stop to rethink her actions during that whole event, the only thing on her mind was sukuna's command. death to her village.

when it came to the children she gave them only a small frown before ending their life with a slash of her blade.

the only words she spoke during that whole event were to her parents. the ones who raised her into the young woman she was currently.

the thought of them raising a ruthless killer as their daughter haunting them until their last breath. the last words they heard was the simple phrase, "rest easy."

silence that came after the screams and cries of the innocent was relaxing. the slaughter on her village now finished and sukuna still nowhere in sight, she stood motionless in front of the village's gates. her katana discarded a few feet away from her and surrounded in a pool of blood.

blood that covered tenko's skin and clothing had also created it's own mini pool below where she stood. her hair being a mess and her piercing blue eyes staring up at the moon with a blank expression.

to her, the moon was the same color as the blood that covered her. the dark blue sky surrounding it with stars as if it was normal for it to be red, and nothing was wrong.

unconsciously raising her right arm up in front of her and up towards the moon, hand reaching out to it as if to grab onto it and hold it in her grasp.

but it was as if the blood on her hand began to fade away, and so as the color of the moon. the color of it returning to white and her arm now normal, but she never looked away from the moon.

even when her arm dropped to her side and even when gojo grabbed onto her biceps to help guide her in the direction of the car she still never looked away.

stuck in the moment after the massacre on her village and the thought of sukuna still lingering on her mind. feeling incomplete without him next to her; telling her what to do next or holding onto her.

 feeling incomplete without him next to her; telling her what to do next or holding onto her

unedited,, not proofread