Mekhi

Here I was again, back in the same situation that pissed me off before. I wasn't about the bullshit that I was going through with shawdie. She had too much baggage. Yea, I knew she was married before I got into this shit, but I didn't expect to fall for her the way I did. I honestly thought I would get the pussy and send her on her way, but things didn't happen that way. We took things slow, which was different for me, but I was feeling her ambition and conversation. The way my daughter took to her was just an added bonus. This was some shit I was gonna have to talk to my cousin about because I'd be damn if I went all out for her and she fucked me in the end. I called Trent to see what he was up to. The phone rang a few times before he finally answered with the raspy voice and shit.
"Yea."
"Man, nigga, wake your ass up. You should've warned me about messing with Tenia, man. I'm blaming your ass for all this shit," I said, joking.
"Nigga, what the fuck you talking about? Its nine in the morning! You got drama this early?"
"Man, Tenia called me this morning after she left the house to go to work, saying somebody was following her. You know me, so I get in the car and meet up with her and shit, and it's her husband and shit. I'm not for the back and forth. I don't chase pussy, that shit come my way. It's like I can't shake shawdie tho. No matter how bad I try too. I called myself going to Jazz's house last night fucked up and ended up in Tenia bed."
"Damn slim, it's like that nigga?"
"Man, I'm telling you slim, shawdie got me feeling like some shit I ain't felt for a bitch in a long time. She got me willing to kill this nigga for her. I think I'm gon go head and fall back though." I was frustrated as shit. It was too early for this.
"I hate to be the one to say this shit, but I told you not to fuck with her ass. I know she was your type and all that, but you never know what you dealing with," he said.
"You one to talk, ain't you, nigga? Look at you and Kaden's situation. Did you get the results back from the paternity test with the twins?"
"Naw, they said six weeks and its only been three. Kaden went into false labor a couple nights ago; I was at Stacey house with the twins and shit. I had to leave cause I wasn't about to let her go through that shit by herself. I don't know how I got myself in this shit nigga." He sounded stressed
"Man, you'll be aight. It sounds like we both need one of them stadium two-dollar Tuesday nights huh?"
"Hell yea, I can do that tonight. See if Tenia will chill with Kaden tonight cause I be damned if I feel like dealing with her damn mother," he said.
"Man, nigga, you know I just said I'm gon fall back from her ass; how you gon ask me some shit like that? You ain't shit" I laughed.
"My bad, nigga, but you know no matter how pissed off you are about the situation, your ass ain't going nowhere. I ain't never seen you like this, but I think you just might be in love sir." He laughed.
"Nigga, what? Fuck off my phone. Tonight. Stadium. 7pm." I hung up the phone. I didn't know what the fuck Trent was tripping off, but I ain't in love with shawdie. I love her and I won't deny that, but was I really in love with her?
I got to my house forty-five minutes later, with Tenia calling me as I walked through the door. I decided not to answer, but I didn't send her to voicemail either. Her ass was crazy, so I wasn't gonna chance her doing something crazy. I took my clothes off, wrapped my towel around me, and walked in my closet to find something for today; I had to go check on my business. I had put my phone on the charger and could hear it ringing again; I knew it was nobody but Tenia. When I didn't answer Tenia's calls, she would send me crazy ass text messages or sometimes pop up at my house. I found me some Armani Exchange grey jeans, Armani Exchange black and grey shirt, with my grey Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers. I opened a new pack of Polo boxer briefs and tanks, then hopped in the shower.
Thirty minutes later, I was walking out the shower with my phone notifications going off, indicating I had messages. I didn't know if they were texts, voicemails, or emails, but my phone was going off. I knew it was nobody but Tenia. I laughed because in the short amount of time that she and I had been talking, we were both crazy as shit over each other. My crazy was just a little different from hers. After getting dressed, I grabbed the keys to my cocaine white 2015 Audi A5 Coupe and walked out the door. When I got in my car, my phone connected with Tenia calling for the 20th time in the past two hours.
"Wassup T?" I said in an irritated tone.
"What the fuck is wrong with your bipolar ass now? I know you seen me calling your ass. You had me bouta pull up on your ass. I know you got my messages Mekhi. Are you mad about this morning? That's not my fault," she explained herself, answering her own question.
"Shawdie, look, I'm busy; I'm gon talk to you later aight?" I said, not really wanting to deal with this right now.
"When you say that, I know you're upset. You're not gonna talk to me later so wateva," she whined.
I hung up without saying another word. I hated treating her like this, but my feelings were already in this deep, so I had to back off a little bit. I turned up Kevin Gates' Time for that, bobbing my head as I road through traffic. My phone buzzed, indicating I had a text.
Jazz: you, me, now
Me: I ain't fuckin wit u like that shawdie
Instead of her responding, she sent me a picture of her in a yellow lace bra and panty set, no makeup just lipstick, and her hair up in a high bun. She knew I loved that no makeup shit. I looked at the picture one more time and found myself heading to Jazz's house, instead of to my office. I pulled up to Jazz's apartment, parking in the visitor's parking space. I sat there for about fifteen minutes, trying to contemplate if I was doing the right thing. I hadn't cheated on T since I been talking to her. I even convinced her to get off birth control, so we could see what the possibility was of us having a baby, but here I was about to relieve some stress with Jazz. I got out the car and was walking to her building when my text notifications went off.
Tenia: Boo I really do apologize for this morning. I have tried multiple ways to keep Dominic away but it clearly hasn't worked so whatever you need to do for us to work go ahead. I love you Mekhi
I had my read receipts on, so I knew she saw that I read the message. I didn't respond; I just turned around, went back to my car, deleted Jazz's picture, and headed to work. It was shit she did like that which had me fucked up in the head with her. I pulled up to my store, King Me HVAC & Plumbing. I saw three of my trucks out there, so I knew three of my workers were in the store. I walked in to find them laughing and joking around, like there wasn't money to be made. I knew there were tickets for today because I checked the emails, which told me the jobs that each person had, along with the locations and times. I didn't play about attendance. It was a part of customer service. Showing up on time was important. When I had my people go out, they represented my business and me.
"Hey Mekhi, how's it going boss man?" one of my workers greeted.
"Money is how it's going. There are a few tickets with your names on them. As we service the DC, Maryland, & Virginia area, I would have expected each of you to be headed to your jobs, if not already there. You all know how I am about time; this is unacceptable. Sitting around here shooting the shit with Damien isn't gonna get you guys paid," I sternly stated. I was a cool person, but I didn't play with my money.
"We were just headed out. We had to stop and get some supplies for the job," he said, gathering his bag.
"So, you the spokesperson for all these grown ass men, huh Jaxon?" I folded my arms with my head cocked to the side, waiting for an answer.
"Naw, but you know what? I'm gon go ahead and head to my first job," he said, walking out the door.
"You do that! The rest of y'all may as well do the same." I walked to the back in my office. I heard the bell churn when I sat down at my desk to go over some paperwork and I could have sworn I heard Tenia's voice. I knew I wasn't tripping. I looked at the security monitors I had in my cabinet and saw her little ass out there talking to Damien. I told y'all her crazy ass leaves wherever she was and pulls up. The hospital wasn't far from my office, so it wasn't a problem for her to leave and still make it back for her afternoon clinic. She softly tapped on the door and walked in with a Vapiano bag while smiling.
"So, you thought you could get rid of me that fast huh Mekhi?" She walked over to the couch I had in my office.
"Man, ain't anybody trynna get rid of your ass. I needed space to clear my head. You need space because you have a lot of shit going on. I think we just need to fall back until the divorce is finalized," I said, looking down at my phone at the message Aja had just sent me.
She stood up walking over to me, but I pushed the power screen, so she couldn't see what was on my phone. "What the fuck you mean need we need space? You don't get space. This is what it is. You mad? Okay, that's fine; we don't talk for a couple hours, then you get over that shit."
Laughing, I stood up, towering over her. "Shawdie, look, I'm at work. Thanks for the lunch, but we not gon do this here."
"When the fuck did you start carrying it like this Mekhi? Is this what you want to do?" she asked, giving me this sinister look. I ain't say shit; I looked down at my phone, which had vibrated but, before I could get to it, Tenia was already picking it up. I ain't have shit to hide, so I didn't really give a fuck. I heard the doorbell go off again to indicate someone was walking in, so I tried to keep the arguing down anyway, since this was a business and my office door wasn't closed. She turned my phone to me, with Jazz naked as the day she was born with her legs spread wide
"Is this why you need your space, Mekhi? Is this nasty little bitch the reason? You know what? Fuck you and this. Space is exactly what you can have." She threw my phone across the room and stormed out of the door. I got up to go after her, when two gun shots went off. I ran to the door and pulled my gun out, but I was too late. Tenia was laid out on the ground and Damien was laid across the counter, while Dominic stood with a gun aimed at me, with mines aimed at him.

To be continued...