Gabby

20th January

Momma keeps Lydia at her house for most of Sunday when I tell her what Nathan and I have planned. We've almost finished decorating her room. The last coat of paint has dried thanks to the three fans we put in there, we've hung lanterns from the ceiling and Nathan has strung up soft pink netting and a few plants. The LED bulb changes the room from one color to the next as can be chosen from the remote.

It's not finished but it's magical already. Her own little garden. I wish she liked reading so she could sit in the corner with pillows and the snow outside of her window. She's not all that into reading though, she prefers to be busy, doing things with her hands and problem solving. I like that about her, it's just so not me.

Nathan comes back from the living room with the goodies I got from target. It's not the high end bedroom décor I wish I could afford but it looks cute. I bought her a small bookshelf, not for books, but she has a lot of little candles and figurines and crafts that she's built. I got her some cushions for the floor and bed, a rug and some coloring books for her corner.

"You want me to put this shelf together?" Nathan asks from behind me. I'm hanging the fairy lights around the walls and I peer over my shoulder to find him staring at my ass.

Ever since he made me orgasm in the bath tub last night, the tension has been palpable. I can hardly focus while he's close to me, I can't think about much else but how earth shattering that orgasm was. We agreed that until the room was done, we needed to focus because otherwise, we would never finish it.

"Yes please," I answer, turning back to the lights.

I don't hear him move from behind me, so I look back to find him still standing there. "What?" I ask.

"Can I kiss you again?"

"Do we want to finish this room before dinner?"

"I want you to finish before dinner."

My core pulses and I press my thighs together. "We have to get this done."

"Fine," he sighs. "I'm just asking for a kiss though."

I scoff. "There's no way we're stopping at a kiss."

He gasps, dropping the boxed shelf on the floor with a thud. "Control yourself, Gabrielle."

I ignore him but wince at the fact that I truly feel like controlling myself around him is going to be impossible. Especially when I know what he can do with his hand. I'm desperate to know what else he's capable of.

                          At four in the afternoon, we're done. I'm leaning on the door frame inspecting the room. In the far corner is her bed. Our bunks come apart, so she got the single and I still have the double. Sheer pink netting frames the head of her bed, it's wrapped in fairy lights and pin on flowers.

Her drawers are at the end of her bed, she has one window on the left wall with pink curtains. In the other corner is her book shelf, floor cushions and all of her little trinkets, craft kits and coloring books.

Nathan comes up the hall, his hands in his sweat pockets. "Still staring at it?"

"It's just so cute," I say, looking up at him. "I'm really grateful you allowed us to do this. She's been through so much and I want to do whatever I can to make her comfortable and happy."

He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, leans in and kisses me. My stomach drops in the best way. The sort of drop that feels euphoric and otherworldly.

Leaning back, he kisses the tip of my nose. "I want that for her too," he murmurs. "You both deserve to be happy, Gabrielle."

I don't know what we're doing, but I tip toe and kiss him again, my arms slide around his neck and his hands slip onto my waist, pulling our torsos together. Kissing him is so sensual, he sucks my tongue into his mouth, bites my lip, cradles my nape with his big, warm hands.