4.3 The Monster and the Superhero

Mulai dari awal

"There's... there's nothing to worry about." Dustin spluttered reassuringly. Steve scoffed, Star snapping her head when sirens when off nearby.

"Crap nuggets." Star muttered.

"Tarp. Tarp." Robin stated. Eddie layed down, pulling saud thong over his head as they rushed to the window.

Star watched as police cars drove past, and one ambulance. Star assumed there had been another incident.

¤

Heading towards the trailer park, the group left Eddie and hopped in Steve's car. Once arriving at the scene, Star saw a couple of police cars and the ambulance.

They got out the car, all looking at Nancy as she talked to the police officer. When she saw them, Nancy realised what was happening.

After a few moments of chatter and exchanges they were able to go inside the trailer park – where they sat on the benches. Explaining everything they knew to Nancy.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Chrissy and Fred, it's from the Upside-down?" Nancy asked.

"If the shoe fits." Star nodded.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or curse." Dustin explained. "Now whether or not he's–"

"Or she." Star spoke up with a huff. "We don't know it's gender."

"Fine– we don't know whether they're doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know. Happy?" Dustin asked, turning to Star, who nodded.

"All we know is that this is something different." Max stated. "Something new."

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy said.

"It's only a theory." Star defended.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Dustin shrugged. "They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max noted.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve stated. "Uh, should we maybe not be here?"

"There is something about this place." Nancy admitted. "Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in...?" Robin questioned.

"Scared, on edge, upset." Nancy listed.

"Max, you said Chrissy was upset too, right?" Star asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. But not here." Max corrected. "She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Serial killers stalk their pray before they strike, right?" Robin asked. "So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman–"

"Vecna." Star and Dustin corrected.

"I Dunno about you guys, but if I saw some creepy wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve admitted, scratching his face.

"Maybe they did." Max stated. "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms Kelly's office. If you saw a monster, you... you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you. But you might go to your–"

"Your shrink." Robin interrupted.

Star and the others hopped up, planning to see Ms Kelley. They headed to Steve's car, Nancy turning towards her own.

"Whoa, whoa. Nance, Nance! Where you going?" Steve asked.

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first." Steve explained.