CHAPTER - 25

Arjun's parents came out after finishing the call, to see their son sitting in the same place drowned in his own thoughts.

They looked at eachother before moving towards him and settled on either side of him.

"You finished too soon" he mocked seeing the wall clock as it has been a quarter passed an hour since they received her call.

"Chellakutty-ku second call vanthutu da athunaala thaan" she said in the most innocent way while he gave 'Are you serious mom' look.

She smiled sleepishly before asking "Atha vidu da.. nee epo solla pora"  enthusiastically.

He shrinked his forehead "Ena solanum"

"Ava than enga marumaga-nu" his father winked at him.

"Paa" Arjun crouched down whining while a blush bloomed over his face.

"Hmkmm... Avana first antha ponnu-ta solla solunga" his mother rolled her eyes hitting her son's shoulder.

"Ethuku sollanum"

"Sollama epdra teriyum avaluku?" His father asked.

"Neenga epdi terinjikitingalo apdi" he shrugged by smiling to himself.

"Na sollala ivan loosu-nu" his mother commented earning a glare from Arjun, while his father snorted.

"The feeling of Love must be mutual pa... And it should be perceived by themselves."

His parents looked at eachother before turning their attention to him, while he paused for a second before continuing.

"Moreover, namma solli athu sariya thappa, nallatha ketatha-nu yosichu avanga accept pana kudathu"

"Apo sollave maatya?"

"Soluven pa.(They looked at them curiously) Naa poi sollum pothu ava yosikama okay solava-nu enaku thonum bothu."

"Aana How long?"

"Pch... ena ma avasaram.. I'm sure, My feelings are transparent enough for her to notice. Let her discover her feelings first."

"Whatif she didn't ?"

"Maa" he perplexedly looked at her who had a straight face.

"If she didn't then you should accept the girl whom we choose okay?" Her question shocked the other two persons but one was fast enough to notice his wife's smirk. May be she would have planned something.

"Ena viladuringala?" He raised his voice in dismay, making them hiss.

"Yaaru nangala?... Engalukum enga paiyanu-ku kalyanam panni pakanum-nu aasai irukatha da" She too matched his sound earning a sigh from him.

He clasped his mother's hand inbetween his. "Ava okay sonna next second'ae kalyanam panikuren ma. Sariya?"

"Ava epo purinji epo unaku kalyanam panrathu... Athula sari varathu" she wriggled out her hands from his hold forcefully.

"Maa... She almost realised maa... But something is stopping her... Seekrama soliren konja wait panunga"

"Sari da... Un vazhi'ke varen... six months just six months thaan unaku time, athukula ava feelings'a pirinjikita okay... marriage epo vena pannikonga... we won't come inbetween your decision".

She took a deep breathe before continuing "Ilana arranged marriage thaan puriyutha? Nanga kaatura ponnu-ku yosikama okay solanum"

"Pch... Athukulam avasiyam irukathu" he chided by pushing the chair back before walking away.

They laughed out loud at their angry son, after making sure it won't reach his ears.

"Yen ma"

"Pinna yenaga poi sollu da na over'a pesuran... Miss paniruvomonu bayam vanthathan atha thakka vachika ena panlam-nu yosika thonum.. papom ena panranu".

"Ne fix aagitala...(She looked at her husband confusedly) Ava thaan ivanuku-nu" She just smiled while looking at the direction where her son went.

🌿

Arjun entered SK production's office to see Sivaangi explaining something to Darshan as her hands swayed in air effortlessly whilst rolling her eyes. His face bloomed after seeing her nearly a week later.

He composed himself and greeted Darshan while watching her in the corner of his eyes. Her eyes widened in surprise along with an excitement which overtook her on seeing him.

But Arjun being Arjun ignored her, while conversing with Darshan. She stared at him with her lips lopsided. While he mentally smirked at her reaction.

This continued until a person intervened and asked them to join for the meeting.

Darshan moved first, followed by Sivaangi and Arjun. She turned swiftly after taking two steps and hugged Arjun tightly for a moment before walking away as nothing happened, leaving the perplexed Arjun back.

He flickered his eyes rapidly at the thought of what happened just now.

The hug, which he expected, or to say, he needed from her. The hug, which says she too missed him. With a blushy smile, he too followed them, scratching his nape.

Darshan opened the room and moved inside followed by the other two. They greeted SK, their movie Director and other members of the production, who were seated there before settling beside them.

They started their discussion about the movie's outcome, the releasing date and finalised the one, which was next month.

Once the meeting got over, everyone dispersed except Arjun as per SK's request.

"Bro, namma production-la next movie, friendship based... rendu hero... Nenga one of the hero-va panna nalla irukum-nu naa personal'a feel panen... Team-um ungala thaan suggest pannanga... Katha kekuringala"

Arjun smiled in return and asked "Epo bro varanum"

After a moment of thinking "Aan... Intha Sunday free'ya"

"Sundayyy...(He looked up shrinking his eyebrows) After 12 okay-va?"

"Mmm.. Okay bro. Naa director-ta pesiren"

"Sari bro. Apo naa kilamburen"

"Thank you brother" SK forwarded his hand while Arjun took it with a smile.

"Ayo naa thaan solanum.. Thanks for considering me bro"

"Cha cha apdi ila...story ketu naa visualise pannapo enaku vantha mugam ungalodathu thaan. And I trust you, neenga antha character-ku justify pannuvinga-nu. Neenga katha kelunga ungalukum pudikum".

"I'll keep up your trust bro.. Sunday papom" They hugged for a moment before parting away. Arjun bid bye to him and moved out.

After that, Arjun came out in search of Sivaangi and found her standing in the corner of the corridor with her arms crossed over her chest, slightly leaning her head on the pillar.

His lips curved into a smile before siltently walking towards her and stood behind her. He cleared his throat to gain her attention but it made her to jerk a little.

She wiped her tears and turned towards him with misty eyes.

"Hey, What happened da?" He asked by cupping her face in one hand.

She hugged him tightly by his neck and tears find it's way down her cheeks, in reflex. Without knowing 'what happened' or 'what to do', he stood there patting her back to comfort.

"Sivaangi" he called her, when he sensed her sobbing had reduced a bit.

"Ena maranthutala Juney, Nee" she asked still hugging him tightly, as if he would run away if she leave him.
______________________________________

Thank you for reading 💖

-- Krithi

Do comment your thoughts 💞💞