Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!

Magsimula sa umpisa

“What?! Why?” Lilah frowned.

“I’m unsettled, Lee! I need to be by my mother’s side. Her health condition worsens by the day. You know she’s human.”

“Okay, fine. So what do I do?”

“I’ll talk to my boss and tell him about it. Then I’ll forward you the important documents tonight. All you have to do is meet the CEO and tell him Mr. Boris asked you to help.”

“Okay then.” Her low voice gave a raspy reply.

“Don’t worry, Lee! You’ve got this.”

“Yeah, goodnight.” Lilah's voice went flat.

“Bye, have fun!” Eliana’s excited voice exclaimed before ending the call.

Lilah threw her phone back on the bed as an exasperated sigh escaped her.

“How annoying. I’ll have to face Asher tomorrow again. Ugh...” She brushed her hair in front of a wall mirror before texting Conan about it. It was a day trip to Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. She wasn’t sure what the outing was all about, but she tiredly fell back to sleep on her comfy bed.

It’s been 40 minutes since Lilah has been waiting for Asher in the parking lot. She dialed his contact severally, but he wasn’t picking up.

“Like seriously? What is he feeling like?” Lilah hissed, as he rejected her last call. She threw her phone back into her bag, not bothering to call him again. Lilah just prayed he had left already, so they wouldn’t meet. Impatiently looking at her wristwatch, it was 9:06 a.m.

“Ugh!” Lilah let out a sigh of frustration. She dragged a big black bag behind her and walked out of the parking lot. About to leave, a black Lexus LS car zoomed in. If not that he had dropped Asena off with it twice, she wouldn’t have recognized who it was.

"There he is.” She dragged her bag back to where he packed. “Good morning, sir.” Lilah greeted with a smile.

Lifting her face to his, she realized the glare that his stone face gave. Making a rumbling sensation in the depths of her stomach, Lilah couldn’t help but wonder what she had done wrong.

“Why are you here and what’s that?” He gave her a disgusted look.

“Mr. Boris asked me to accompany you to the meeting at San Jose. Um... this is pork meat. My dad asked me to buy and drop it off before leaving this morning. He said I should tell you.” Lilah explained.

“Okay, fine. Let’s go.” Asher snapped. Lilah placed the bag of meat on the passenger’s seat before sitting right next to him.

Asher kicked the car engines and drove onto the busy road. It was a silent drive. Lilah turned to him, noticing his dead-pan face. He was just driving as if he was the only one there.

‘I have to pee.’ A voice cried in her head. ‘No, no, no... I won’t tell him. Only if he’d come earlier.’ Lilah hissed mentally, holding the pee. She scrolled through her fully charged phone. Luckily, Conan was online.

“Have you left already?”

‘Oh, he left a message.’ she blushed and replied to him. “Yes. We’re just leaving Los Angeles.”

“Oh, I see. How long will it be?”

“I have no idea.” She responded and noticed Asher’s glare at her. Raising her gaze to him he turned away.

“I’ll chat you up whenever I get there.” She texted him up with a smiley-face emoji before throwing her phone onto her back.

Lilah took out a circle-lensed sunglasses she’d bought for a long and never used. The morning sun was bright, anyway. Lilah put it on, winding down his black, tinted glasses. She put her hand to turn on the radio, but Asher smacked her hand.