Patricio O'Ward - Indycar

Hi Guys, I know this isn't Formula 1 but I have a thing for this guy and I certainly hope he gets into Formula 1 one day!

You have been working for McLaren for a while now and you are really enjoying yourself. You work in the marketing team and you not only work for the Formula 1 team but also for the Indy Car team. Yet it is difficult because you rarely speak to the men of the Indy Car Team face to face. You are in Woking, England and they are in America. Last season Pato O'Ward was in Woking and the click between you was better than you expected. For many social media things you video call a lot but in real life it was just more fun!

"Y/N, do you have a moment?" asks Zac Brown. "Yes, of course," you say and walk with him to his office. "I know you were going to go with me to the Monaco GP this weekend and you're really looking forward to it, but I actually wanted to ask if you're going with me to Indianapolis for the Indycar 500. We really need you there!" says Zac. You look surprised, this is a very difficult decision. Now you have to choose between the Monaco GP and the Indycar 500. You sigh: "This is really a very difficult choice Zac. But it's my job so I'm going with you to America." Zac smiles and shakes your hand: "super I knew I could count on you!".

A week later, you arrive in Indianapolis with Zac Brown and a small media team. It is not the first time you are at the Indycar but it is with this team from Arrow McLaren. After you have had time to freshen up in the hotel, you meet at a restaurant nearby to have dinner with the entire Indycar team. It is very busy with all the mechanics but it is very pleasant. "I didn't know you were coming," you hear Pato say behind you. "Hey, no I had completely forgotten to send you a message. I was the lucky one who could go to America," you say and you give each other a hug. "Super nice to see you again Y/N, I feel honoured that you are giving up the Monaco grand prix for me." says Pato. "Haha, yes for you only. There are more of you on this team right?" you say sarcastically and Pato looks you straight in the eye with an irresistible smile. You are getting warm, Oh no this is absolutely not the intention, you are here for your work.

You know you have a huge soft spot for him, see for yourself he is a very attractive guy. But you want so badly to be professional, because you will never get a job like this again. Still, you struggle all evening. Pato looks at you a lot and when you look back he winks or smiles at you. You almost have the feeling that he is playing a game with you. It can't be that he has feelings for you, can it?

When you walk out after dinner, someone grabs your hand and pulls you out of the crowd. "What the..." you say softly. "Don't say anything, come with me," says Pato, laughing. You look at him in surprise and walk with him anyway, you get warm when you realise that he is still holding your hand. You arrive at a little square lit by small festive lights where Pato embraces you, "I know you feel the same for me Y/N, there is something between us that I like very much and I don't want it to stop." "I'm here for my work Pato, I don't want others to think I'm working at McLaren for attention". "Pretty important what others think."says Pato and he brushes a strand of hair out of your face. You look at him, "what are you doing to me?". He looks at you, more seriously this time. He slowly comes closer to your face and kisses your mouth gently. You give in and kiss him back.

After a while, you look at each other, you have a little smile on your face: "What next?". He puts his hand in front of your mouth: "Don't, it will be alright. We are here now in the moment." You laugh, "that's cute." "I'm very cute" he says as he raises and lowers his eyebrows. You arrive back at the hotel where you are both staying. "I want you to sleep in my room tonight" says Pato. You hesitate, this is going really fast. "Don't doubt, I can be trusted," he says and grabs your hand. "Okay, I'm going to get my stuff from my room."

 After a night of cuddling and laughter, you wake up. "Good morning, beautiful," Pato says to you. You smile and stretch: "good morning." After you get dressed you stand at the door of the hotel room "Okay, I'll go first and then wait a few minutes and then you come." "Bullshit" says Pato and he walks right out the door with you. At that moment Zac Brown arrives: "Good morning both, I didn't quite expect this. You feel yourself stiffen and turn all red. Pato taps Zac on his shoulder: "then you really had your eyes closed Zac, I know for a long time that she is the one for me. You look at Pato, that is so sweet you can cry.

When you arrive at the race, you are very tense. The Indycar 500 is really something big and you try to focus on your work. But that doesn't quite work, because the last few days have left you totally confused. On top of that, you have a little bit of a jetlag. You also know that the tension is caused by the fact that the person you have fallen in love with so quickly is in a racing car that can go over 350 kilometres per hour, which can be dangerous of course! The race goes on and Pato is even in the lead. Unfortunately, he finished second, but after a long battle, this is a very nice result.

He gets out of the car and runs towards you, he grabs you and you can see in his eyes that he is beaming

He gets out of the car and runs towards you, he grabs you and you can see in his eyes that he is beaming. "Congratulations, tiger," you shout. All around you you hear the clicking of cameras. "Oh, there is no turning back now," you say to him. "Great, make it official, I feel like I've been ready for this for a long time.". You give him a kiss on his helmet and you hear the cameras click again. Who cares it just feels really good with him. After the ceremony, Zac Brown comes up to you. "Y/N, I have a proposal and I want you to take it for yourself. I see how in love you are and I want to give you the opportunity to go anywhere with him. Would you like to stay with the Indy car team?". You look at Zac, this is really very nice. "I hardly dare admit it but that would be super!" you say, "Then that's settled." Zac says.

Meanwhile, you have been working full time for the Indy Car team for six months and they are doing extremely well

Meanwhile, you have been working full time for the Indy Car team for six months and they are doing extremely well. "It was a really good idea for you to stay with us," says Pato, grabbing you from behind. You grab his arms, "I know you pitched that idea to Zac, I'm not stupid." you laugh. "But it is indeed the best idea ever." you say as you turn to kiss him.

𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 💕