Daniel Ricciardo - Driving me crazy

A few years ago, you worked as a presenter in the racing world, especially in Formula 1. In that time that you were in Formula 1, you had a very good relationship with Daniel Ricciardo. You were always looking out for each other and joking around. But unfortunately, it never developed into more than a friendship. Which is a shame, because you really liked Daniel. Because your boss really wanted to use you as a football presenter, you changed jobs and you lost sight of Daniel a bit.

But once in a while you can go back to a race. Not necessarily to work but recreationally. You are going to Silverstone this weekend, you love the atmosphere of Silverstone and you are looking forward to it. Since a few months you are in a relationship and your boyfriend can come with you this weekend. You actually hope that this weekend will brighten up your relationship a bit. You have been walking around with the idea that you are not right for each other, but you want to be sure before you take the step to break up.

When you arrive at Silverstone, you immediately hear a familiar voice: "Yes, there she is. The star of this whole thing." Daniel shouts. "Hi Danny, it's been a while, I've missed you," you say with a big smile on your face. "Yes, I've missed you too, how are you love?" says Daniel. After chatting for a while you notice that your boyfriend looks a bit uncomfortable. "Oh sorry, this is my boyfriend." you say to Daniel. Daniel's facial expression changes: "Okay, nice to meet you, mate. You're very lucky to have a woman like Y/N". "Yes we have a very nice time together." says your boyfriend. You are staring at your boyfriend because things are just not going very well between you at the moment. "Well we'll probably see each other again Dan, good luck!" you say to Daniël and you walk away.

The rest of the afternoon you are lost in thought. You already know for sure that your current relationship is not going to last. And now that you have seen Daniel again after a long time, you know for sure that you still have feelings for him. It will be a difficult weekend. "I'm going to the toilet, I'll be right back", you say to your boyfriend. On the way to the toilet you bump into someone who is running. You both fall to the ground. "Y/N, sorry!" laughs Daniel. "Haha can you never act normal Dan?" you laugh. Daniel helps you up and you stand very close to each other for a moment. You look into Daniel's eyes and you almost drown. Suddenly, Daniel's big smile is replaced by a small, almost shy smile. After a while, you regain your senses: "I have to go" you say, and you quickly walk away. "Yes, this is super" you think sarcastically "I already like Danny quite a lot and then he looks at me like this, he makes this weekend even more difficult".

The next day is the day of the race, your boyfriend has said that he is not feeling well and will stay in the hotel today. You have tried everything to get him to the race, but you have not succeeded. "Just like him, he is not in the mood for something again." you think. When you arrive at Silverstone, it is already quite busy. You talk to people you know from your time as a presenter for Formula 1. And you try to have a good time and try to forget that your boyfriend is just a jerk. You are invited by McLaren to watch the race in the pitbox, you know this is because of Daniel. But you gladly accept the offer, it feels good to be involved.

After a very nice race, Daniel finished fifth. He gets out of the car and sees that you have accepted his offer. Immediately there is that world-famous big smile of his again. You just feel a bit weak when you look at him. You are talking to some people in the pit box when Daniel comes up behind you and says softly to you: "Can we have a chat Y/N?". It sounds so serious that it almost scares you: "Yes, of course," you say and you walk behind him. You both enter his room in the motorhome. "Okay, I'm not going to beat around the bush," says Daniel "You're really driving me crazy, I didn't realise this until you suddenly came here with some guy you call your boyfriend. Apparently, that hurts me tremendously. And apparently I want to have that place in your life.".

You don't know what to say. After a while you say to Daniel: "Danny, seriously? You couldn't have thought of this a few years earlier. Do you know what kind of situation you are putting me in now? I'm in a relationship now." "I am really so sorry Y/N, I know what I am doing and I should be ashamed of it but if I don't make my feelings known to you then I will regret it for a very long time." says Daniel. "Yes, I understand that, you're just overwhelming me immensely right now, I'm in a difficult relationship at the moment." you say softly. "I thought I could tell by your behaviour towards him." says Daniel.

Daniel grabs you and hugs you, you feel his warm and still sweaty body close to you. Somehow it calms you down and you really like that he touches you in this way. You look at him and melt into his eyes. "I'm going to kiss you, I can't hold this in. I don't care that you are in a relationship. You are mine." he whispers. "I want nothing more Danny," you say guiltily "I've known for a while that you are the right person for me." Daniel puts his hand on the back of your head and brings your head towards his head. Then he kisses you tenderly. After he kisses you you say, "Oh shoot this is so wrong." And you walk off.

You walk back to your hotel where you have to confront your boyfriend. You are not very sure what to do. Should you tell the truth about what just happened or is it better to keep it quiet? When you walk into the hotel room your boyfriend is on his phone so he doesn't notice you coming in. "Well I won't put up with her for long, it's that she just makes a lot of money that makes it bearable. But now I'm being dragged back here too, I just don't want her." he says through the phone. Yes, that's what you thought, something wasn't quite right. You can't really be angry about it. You already felt no love for him anymore.
"I don't make that much money do I?" you say as your boyfriend turns around, still on the phone. "I have to hang up," he says. "Well everything is clear and frankly I can't get sad about this. Besides I made a mistake myself, I gave in to my crush for Daniel. But I do think it's time for you to go." "Yes, I think so too," says your boyfriend with a caught face. "It wasn't always like this," he adds. "I know that." you whisper.

After your ex-boyfriend leaves, you go to the hotel lobby by yourself. You could use a drink after today. In the lobby you run into Daniel's big smile. "Hi Danny, there's something I need to say," you say. His smile turns into a serious look. "I broke up with my boyfriend. And I don't know what to do right now." Daniel grabs your hand "Would you like to try it with me, we can go very easy. But at least I won't let you go again, just so you know." he laughs. You look at him and don't know how to express anything from the thrill. He slowly comes up to your face and kisses you on the mouth. "I'd like to give this a shot, yes." you whisper to him with a smile on your mouth.

𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 💕