longing

word count - 319

As Emily woke up from a nap after a hard case she looked at the flickering clock on her nightstand.. 8:17pm. She was still incredibly tired but knew if she slept now she'd be tired all week

Sergio, her loving black cat entered her dimly lit bedroom "oh hi hunny"

Sergio began circling her feet and it reminded her they both hadn't eaten, she slid one of Aaron's over sized t-shirts over her sports bra and headed to the kitchen where she bent down to find the cat biscuits she hated the smell of.

At that moment she heard a light scratching at her door, her head swung round her apartment, her curled raven hair swinging hitting her own face. Although Ian Doyle had been shot 6 months ago her heart still beat ten times harder when she heard a noise and she was alone. She found her gun in the holster belt she flung of when she reached her home, stealthily making her way to the door and looking through the peep hole. She took a deep breath wishing Hotch was there to answer the door for her, counted to 3 and unlocked the bright red door...

She released a breath she didn't know she was holding when she noticed the noise was Aaron struggling to unlock the door while holding two pizza boxes, her eyes began welling up and jumped into his arms.

Ever since her near death experience, Hotch and Emily began seeing each other more, they both knew the pain of UNSUBS getting into their lives more than they wished and they felt connected to each other and spent almost every night together at their apartments. They spent all night talking and drinking Emily's badly make coffee which Aaron was much to polite to say how much he really hated it. They were becoming each other's best friends, their secret keepers, their homes.