[20] Positive

~*~*~Lily's POV~*~*~

Chapter 20

"Casey, what do I do?" I pleaded into the phone, walking around my room fretting like an old lady.

"You were the one who agreed do go on this date with Jake. You're going to have to go through with it and tell him that you don't like him that way," a strong yet gentle voice replied.

"But I don't want to."

"Then why did you agree to go out with him in the first place?"

I decided not to reply. I don't think 'Because Cory didn't want me' was a good enough excuse. Yet I was feeling even worse after our argument we had at school. But my mind had come to a conclusion... Love hurts. Yet now I have to go on a date with a good friend.

I groaned and heard Casey sigh through the phone.

"Lily, don't play this game," she told me concerned.

I gently sat at the end of my bed, "Believe me Casey. I never planned it to be like this."

We were both silent for awhile until I heard Casey say, "Is Jake a good friend?"

"Yes, of course he is," I said straight away, not needing to think.

"Then he will understand. Go on the 'date' and make it clear that you have no intentions of being anything more. It's the only way to do it right. Remember Lily, no regrets."

And with those last two words the memories flooded back. Back from a time where it didn't matter if I was wrong, or even right. Those care free times where all my problems hadn't even begun and where life seemed rather... dull.

**

"Lily, can I ask you something?"

I turned to see Casey staring at me with a complex expression. She had grown so much over the summer. She was even more stunning then she usually was. She had gotten her hair cut so that it was now short with layers that made her hair flick. It looked quite lovely and matched her face perfectly. The summer itself was boring. I'd spent most of it with Casey. Sleeping over each other's houses, talking about our goals for this year, what we wanted to do with our lives. I decided I wanted to become a doctor. I want to help people and my parents think it's a wonderful idea. But I guess they just like the thought of having a 'doctor' in the family.

"Ask away," I said with a smile.

"I want you to do something for me this year. Can you do that?"

I looked at her with a curious expression across my face.

"What?"

"Lily, I want you to live your life. Stop worrying about everyone else."

"I don't worry-" but I was cut off.

"Lily, live your life. No regrets. Okay?"

"No regrets?"

"It's not that hard," she tried to encourage me.

"Casey, I can't just go out and be crazy. I have so many responsibilities!"    

She frowned, "Like what?"

"School, and my parent's and-" I tried to think of explanations but I couldn't.

She smiled knowing she was winning this argument.

"Casey, become a lawyer. You always win."