Ch. 4- Seven cups of coffee

Start from the beginning

I walked over to Yuki, Ted, Flynn, Ethan, Xander and Georg, in other words, the band. Yuki was Japanese with longish black hair that was held up in a mess on top of his head. Anyone would think that he was the leader of the group, but he mostly kept to the shadows. That was quite sensible since his power had to do with shadow-magic.

Ted's real name was Edward, but he hated that name. He was absolutely the leader and no one would dare stand up against him. He was one heck of a hunter, fooling the prey with his gentle and nerdy look.

Flynn was the sullen one of the group. He had dark reddish-brown hair which hung over his eyes all the time. He was a magician, and often dabbled in the darker spells. He knew all about how to turn someone into a toad and then explode their brains before turning them back to humans, undamaged, other than from shock. For him school's only purpose was to bother teachers.

Everyone thought Ethan was gay, but beeing the shape-shifter he was, he just liked messing with people. He liked to change his immage from school to school, sometimes this sometimes that. At our last school he had been a very talented player.

Xander went by many names, mostly bad. The Ex-machine was the most fitting. He had been the cause of many breakups, not only his own. He was very outspoken and seemed to know what everyone was thinking, probably because he did. He did not care what other people thought of him, which was lucky seeing as most of the girls hated him, or wanted to date him.

Lastly there was Georg, he was always calm and was one of the most normal people I knew. He was always in control, not only because he could feel and control the emotions of people around him.

All in all, they were a very weird band, but they fit together like a perfect puzzle. Yuki played guitar, Ted was all for the keyboard, while Flynn and Xander sung. Ethan banged away on the drums and Georg played the bass.

*************************************

I had just had gym when Xander nudged me hard in the ribs. He looked pointedly over at the new kid, obviously trying to tell me something. I watched as the new kid walked out and then looked at Xander.

"There's something wrong about that kid. I can't read him." Xander said in a whiny voice.

"Calm down, three year old! You were probably just looking at the wrong page or something."

"Ha, ha. That's not how it works! You know I only have trouble reading non-humans." He continued to whine.

"Fine, I'll go check it out. You know, wave some garlic in his face or something!" I was getting impatient, we only had so long before our next class, and the mission report had said that my target was a girl.

"Wimp. Don't you ever do anything other than you've been ordered to do?" I hit Xander.

"Fine. Wanna go check it out, or do you have to finish painting your face?" I asked him ironically.

"Well, if you want to wait, that would be nice..." He trailed.

"Let's go." I said as I dragged him out into the cloudy weather.

I could see the new kid walking slowly across the grounds, and hurried to catch up with him. He had oddly familiar features, but I was unable to remember where I had seen them before.

"Hey, you! Wait up!" Xander shouted to him and he slowed down, starting to turn around. We got to where he was standing looking impatiently and questioningly at us. 

"Kon'nichiwa, who are you? Do you like tacos?" Xander asked. He was weird.

"Watashi wa Daniel-desu. Yeah, I like tacos. Was there another reason as to why you wanted me to wait?" He answered as though having a half Japanese conversastion was comletely normal.

"Uh, yeah! I was just wondering..." When Xander started a sentence that way, something bad or crazy was going to follow. That was a law of nature. "Are you a vampire?"

"Yeah, and I'll bite you in your sleep if you mess with me..." He said sarcastically. Xander leapt behind me like a frightened puppy dog and whispered in my ear.

"Why is he sayng shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT?" Oh, oh.

"He isn't..." But it was too late, Daniel had pounced at us. Apparently he was one of the vamps who had good hearing...