[19]

╔.✯. .═════════════╗
❦   EVERY OTHER DAY  ❦
╚═════════════. .✯.╝

The peeking sun woke her up that Monday morning. She fluttered her eyes open and do her morning routine.

She made up her bed and go to the bathroom, do her morning jog and rest a little. She'd take a shower then she'll take the silence of the house as she cook her own breakfast. She'll pack her things and walk to school, checking her phone and pick something at the Walmart for lunch.

The chirps of the birds mingle with the sounds of cars honking, loud music or the chattering of a group nearby, then she'll arrive at school greeting all the passing teachers or the principal.

She'll put her bag on her seat as she pick her tablet out for her rounds not minding Mia's chattering by her side.

Any day is like every other day and no matter what event or scene may be different or distinct from the other does not matter. Today is not any better.

The constant giggling and chatter along the hallway is nothing new as well as the running students and some who violates the rules. She have responsibilities and obligations to do, so like any other day she'll do what she is supposed to.

Five minutes before the bell, she'll walk through the hallway to her classroom and like every other day she'll catch him with his friend. How comical his luck is, because like every other day he would end up on another clean the library duty or even the toilet. Actually, it is not about luck but Alicia herself.

Everyone knew about the teasing between the top and the last of the class, and Alicia took her role seriously, it's not like she doesn't have anything to do but rather, she doesn't have anything thrilling to do and Ali, Ali can be a lot of things.

He could be funny, he could be irritating, he could be cute or sometimes angry. And Ali, Ali bin Ghazali is able to stimulate different emotions and reactions of Alicia that she could call as thrill.

No doubt, seeing his scrunched up features everytime he is annoyed Alicia felt some sort of joy. And him being an agent makes her more closer to him; more insights to know and annoy him and more moments to feel that thrill.

Being an agent sets the bar for thrill the highest, one that a mere roller coaster or a haunted house can't do. Not judging the theme parks but it isn't just it. Alicia can be sometimes a control-freak, one with a superiority complex at best it is noticeable with Ali. Because Ali, of course, have to be the kid who messes the things up, one with unbelievably fluctuating self-
esteem.

So aside from uncertain aftermaths of the missions, Ali can be a game changer--literally. Of course Alicia hates it, because no matter how much adrenaline fueled her that day, in the end of the day the result would affect her undesirably.

After hours and hours of thinking about it, Alicia thought that maybe she doesn't hate him, that maybe she is actually jealous of him and though she could list certain points to validate it, she denied it. She isn't entirely jealous of him, no because she knew that she could make interventions to achieve what she wanted and being jealous for.

Ali could be optimistic all of the time, she could be optimistic too if she does not bother to comprehend and reasoned with herself of the possible outcomes. Ali have a great relationship with his friend Viktor and get along with their classmates, though she have plenty of experiences, associations, and socializations with their classmates, the amount of respect they have for her resembled a commoner associating with the higher up and she didn't like it a little bit; Mia is quite close to her but such "friendship" is one that would fade in and out if eventually they wont attend the same school or even the same class anymore; she could have it too if she is willing to open herself to them but just like before she thought it is unnecessary and can be bothersome. All points that Alicia could list can honestly be resolved, it is only a matter of her own volition so yes, she is not jealous of Ali.

So like every other day, she would feed from her achievements and mock him with it, train with him and show off, go on missions and order him around because like everyday, every other day with Ali is a new day.

.
.
.

Then there comes a day which is not like every other day, this time the routine changed drastically. Ali can be hard to pick on since he finally have his growth spurt, he finally focused in his study and does regular training and exercises now that he doesn't have IRIS. Within the year Alicia became entitled to be the tekno's best friend in MATA though Khai and her definitely didn't think so. They are just partners who happen to be frequently associated with each other and Ali owes her meals now.

Now Alicia could only count how many does he owe her regarding their missions since he is still clumsy and decisive. And again, not like every other day, Ali finally summed up how many he owes her and declared in front of their fellow agents that he would make up everything to her everyday of his life if she allows him to stay by her side.

Alicia is overwhelmed, she is giddy, her heart is pounding loudly in her chest and she cannot determine how or what she is feeling at the moment to the point that she could only say 'what' and walk out of that scene.

It is not the thrill anymore that makes her hearts pump, because this time her heart occasionally skips a beat. It is not the adrenaline that is pumping in her veins anymore because she found out that he is the only reason why. It is not about the exciting experiences that are unique from the others but the moment with him. It took Alicia a long time to realize it but she really liked Ali from the start and even though right now, like every other day, he's the one who annoys her (not really, I know she likes it) she still thinks that a day with Ali is a new day.

Alicia could not understand any words written on the book, probably because her mind is focusing on different things. Her brows are even furrowed and she only noticed it when Ali finally sat in front of her and placed his two fingers on it and push it divergently to each other.

" What, Miss Alicia Kheng finally have a hard time that only I can help? " he asked mockingly and placed a can of soda beside her book

She picked it up and wiped the moist on the name of the soda as she stared at him and clicked her tongue.

Nothing would ever change because even if she count how many every other days she spent with him it is still Ali,

and Ali can be many things.