[7]

If our love is tragedy
Why are you my remedy?
If our love is insanity
Why are you my clarity?

╔.✯. .══════════════╗
❦             CLARITY               ❦
╚══════════════. .✯.╝

" I told you to not join in this mission for a million times Alicia, even your father agreed to it but you just have to take the risk aren't you?. Now look what happened! "Ali's stern voice could be heard loudly in the vehicle, it sounded dangerous yet it cracked.

He was assigned in a big mission and he proposed to change his partner and move Alicia to the other team.

News spreaded like a wild fire that the IRIS agent was dating her, the whole city knows even if the citizen don't actually know who they are.

Constant appearance of agents was now normal to a citizen's eyes because of the tricky groups strategies and slowly they are exposed to Cyberaya but on the bright side the only information leak was being an agent, nonetheless Ali certainly stealed the spotlight being a "hero" an "eye-catching hot stuff" the "living detective Jebat" and etc. as people remember him from years ago. All because he became the target of all their missions' subjects.

Alicia as his partner of course has his aid and that is when it started. Netizens started to draw conclusions, assumptions and so. According to them, she was certainly the girlfriend of the IRIS agent though it was true she gets irritated about it mostly when such situation leads to many compromises.

Personal life should not mix up with being an agent, it is just so messed up. And so with the huge amount of people agreeing that she was indeed the girlfriend, she are more targetted than Ali now.

Ali was assigned in a big mission and of course as his partner she reported too but in that same day she was told that she is not going to be in Ali's team. Well that isn't an issue really but it almost seems like she's just going to be there and do nothing. The rumors surely became a pressure on her part and it already afftects her agent duties but to be  protected like that, she feels disappointed.

Debate started in that same room as her boyfriend and father reasoned out with her but she did not take any of it saying that she is an agent-- she lived years being an agent and personal life should not interfere with duties. She said that she can handle it, she is his partner and is highly capable of handling herself and dangers.

The conversation was just like a loop, different words with the same point. She obeys orders most of the time, she carefully thought about everything, they were the ones being irrational! much for her sake. Tsk.

But she just have to became stubborn at a bad time. If not for override she might be taken away and held captive. It was hard to infiltrate the facility where the mission took place what more the territory of the said gang. Okay, she was stubborn she admit.

She stayed quiet biting her lower lip as she lowered her eyes on her shaky hands.  Ali is mad or disappointed, she didn't know, only she knew is that the general is mad or disappointed too.

" I'm sorry, " she mumbled after having the courage to talk to him.

" Just... Just don't ever do that again. " he replied. He scooted a little more to the side to let her sit comfortably beside him, not meeting her gaze at least once.

Never in Alicia's life she ended up regretting her decision and actions this much,  she doesn't usually fail on such things! but she admitted that she did something stupid.

" Do you ever think of what would I do if they manage to get you? " he asked again.

" I--yes " she replied

Silence. Nothing cames up after, just a little chatter from their fellow agents while Ali just gazed outside the window and stayed quiet. It actually lasted about 2 hours with nothing but avoiding gazes and silence until Alicia couldn't take it anymore and lashed out on him. She is not used to this, it's unusual of him, though she admit that she was wrong and he felt bad but she also felt bad about it, no need for the silent treatment.

Ali sighed as he tugged her arm to wrap his arms around her and caress her hair. They stood there for a few minutes before Ali kissed her temple and pulled her outside.

" I just love you so much " is what he said.

She bit her tongue as she gazed at him. He had few cuts on his brows and cheeks and she knew that under his agent suit are few more bruise.

" I know and I understand "she replied.

" Sometimes feelings sucks, aren't it? It goes in the way. I appreciate it though. " she added.

Ali just stayed quiet and waited for her next words.

" It's just that... everything just messed up with my mind. Before, I only handle few things and now the sudden changes from being discreet and now.... It's pretty tiring. We need to conceal our identity more, we're having more missions and school is also inthe picture. I guess even our relationship sometimes comes with it but then again it's precious. " she continued tucking strands of her hair on her ears.

" I understand " he muttered as he caressed her left cheek, giving her a smile.

" Come on, I'll cook for you " he said as he gently tugged her arm.

" Bet it's another curry " she scoffed as a smile slowly formed in her lips.

" I'm still learning, you're so lucky to have a trophy boyfriend you know " he playfully replied as they walked through the halls.

" A trophy alright " she sarcastically repeated as she nodded to their fellow agents that is offering them a smile.

 (o^^)o----------o(^^o)

cutted short~~~
it is supposed to be angst but meh ╮(╯▽╰)╭

the whole prompt changed as the time passed by since I forgot to type it in the notes and forgot almost the whole thing

Welp... sorry I guess?

Fanart credits to @nerd_reen