[17]

╔.✯. .════════════════╗
❦  TO BE FREE ONCE MORE ❦
╚════════════════. .✯.╝

He caught himself yawning when the door of the apartment swung open, checking the time in his phone he look up at the young woman who seems sluggish.

Said young woman walk to her room without sparing him a glance and as he knocked her door she only hummed and replied,

" I'm changing " he nodded though he knew she didn't see it and went back on what he was doing.

After ten minutes he finally noticed that he didn't caught a sight of her or even her shadows, standing up he walked to her room. The door opened after three knocks revealing Alicia that looks like doesn't want to be bothered.

" What do you want for dinner? " he asked, looking past her usual expression.

" Should I order? " he added quickly, knowing that neither of them would want to cook.

" Anything you want, I'll eat later, I'll just finish some school papers, " she replied and closed the door.

He barely nodded and sauntered to the kitchen. He pulled a cup of noodles and boil some water. It's not after he was finished eating when Alicia walked out of her room. He had watched her pacing to the front door with her phone in her right ear and saw Ali's uncle the moment she opened the door. The man handed her a paper bag from Mamak Maju's and sure enough it contains the specials the restaurant offered, it even have appetizers and dessert.

Alicia put the phone on the table top as she opened the containers and transferred the food to the tablewares.

" We decided to eat at Mamak Maju's since dad is still at his work and Uncle Rahul asked if you're eating at all. You haven't visited them for how long? " Ali's voice sounded and echoed in the silent kitchen. Alicia just sighed and replied,

" I've been busy lately with my research " the other side went silent while he just listened in their exchange as he washed the utensils he used.

He had always been amazed with Alicia's friendship with the said boy since according to the informations and gossips... he heard, Ali and Alicia does not, and highly impossible to have such relationship in middle school yet here they are.

No one knows how the bond started and strengthened. But he witness the said friendship, Ali is much closer to Alicia than Mia is. His girlfriend and the said young man are close enough to meet each other everyday if possible and if not, they would talk through calls or texts. They meet each other at least twice a week, even if their busy and sometimes he felt a twinge of jealousy and sometimes insecurity.

So maybe they are the power couple in Cyberjaya, maybe he had been the one who "finally caught Alicia Kheng" because he is the one living with Alicia through the hardship of so called college. But then what? sure enough said tabloids, magazines, news papers, and gossip pages are just not competent enough to find that Ali's friendship seems to weigh more than their relationship. But said relationships are different from each other so no point of comparison.

He's the bestfriend, I'm the boyfriend.

Still, there is the uncertainty laced with this unstable relationship.

" You going later? "  he was jolted out of trance as Ali spoke again. Ah, they seems to have another plan? but it's night already...

He had been tolerant and understanding and this situation are like any other, of course their rendezvous would be at night since they would be busy during the day... but wasn't he supposed to be in the equation too?